[ANN][Squeak-dev Beta Image] Version 123

[ANN][Squeak-dev Beta Image] Version 123

Damien Cassou-3
Squeak-dev image is an image made for squeak developers.

*Important notice:* This version is based on Squeak 3.10 7119.

You can download it here:
http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/beta/

Changes in this version:
------------------------------

- Based on the very last Squeak 3.10 version (7119).
- Integrates lot's of fixes and enhancements for OmniBrowser (thanks
to Alexandre Bergel, Piers Cawley, Juraj Kubelka, Colin Putney, Lukas
Renggli and Mathieu Suen).

Updating the image:
-------------------------

You are not obliged to download a new image if you don't want. You can
always update your image.

To upgrade your already existing squeak-dev image:

1) World menu->open...->Package Universe Browser
2) Update list from network
3) Select all upgrades
4) Install selection
5) Execute: 'DEVImageCreator default install' (all windows will be closed)

Prepared packages:
--------------------------

There are a lot of packages prepared for you in this image. They are
not loaded in the image, but they can be easily.

- Open Package Universe Browser (world->open...->Package Universe Browser).
- Click on "Update list from network"
- Wait a few seconds
- Select your packages
- Install them

Contained packages:
------------------------

This image contains the following packages:

AST version 140
AutomaticMethodCategorizer version 0.24
AutomaticMethodCategorizerServices version 0.2
ClassSelectorSets version 1
DynamicProtocols version 0.53
eCompletion version 0.87
eCompletion-Traits version 0.1
eCompletionOmniBrowser version 0.2
Installer version 1.0.92
OmniBrowser version 0.358
OmniBrowser-Full version 0.14
OmniBrowser-Morphic version 0.14
OmniBrowser-Refactory version 0.24
OmniBrowser-Standard version 0.208
Refactoring Engine version 37
RoelTyper version 0.60
ScriptManager version 0.6
Shout version 3.15-tween.70
ShoutWorkspace version 1-tween.1
SmaCC runtime version 13
Squeak dev packages version 0.13
Universes version 30
Universes OmniBrowser version 0.27
YAXO version 9

Future work:
----------------

- Wait for feedback.
- Follow Squeak 3.10 beta releases.

Please tell me what is your experience with this version. Please tell me
what you want for this image, this is for you.

Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Beta Image] Version 123

stephane ducasse
damien

> ------------------------------
>
> - Based on the very last Squeak 3.10 version (7119).
> - Integrates lot's of fixes and enhancements for OmniBrowser (thanks
> to Alexandre Bergel, Piers Cawley, Juraj Kubelka, Colin Putney, Lukas
> Renggli and Mathieu Suen).

Will you have also a 3.9 image with these changes?

2007/6/27, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>:
> > - Based on the very last Squeak 3.10 version (7119).
> > - Integrates lot's of fixes and enhancements for OmniBrowser (thanks
> > to Alexandre Bergel, Piers Cawley, Juraj Kubelka, Colin Putney, Lukas
> > Renggli and Mathieu Suen).
> Will you have also a 3.9 image with these changes?

Take the last squeak-dev image and update it through the universe browser.

Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Beta Image] Version 123

Ken G. Brown
I'm a bit confused with all the different versions of everything.
Might there be a more consistent methodology of versioning?
On June 18th, you mentioned changing your versioning scheme.
Might I ask which version of 123 is this? As far as I know there already was a dev version 123.
Could the dev image include the 3.9 or 3.10 along with the update level in the versioning?

Thx for putting the dev images out in any case.
  Ken G. Brown

2007/6/28, Ken G. Brown <[hidden email]>:
> I'm a bit confused with all the different versions of everything.
> Might there be a more consistent methodology of versioning?
> On June 18th, you mentioned changing your versioning scheme.
> Might I ask which version of 123 is this? As far as I know there already was a dev version 123.

Stéphane answered to an old mail that's why the title is 123. My two
last images are named squeak-dev-07.6 and squeak-dev-beta-07.6. Beta
images have always been based on 3.10 whereas non beta are based on
3.9.

> Could the dev image include the 3.9 or 3.10 along with the update level in the versioning?

Isn't the "beta" in the name enough?

2007/6/28, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]>:

> 2007/6/28, Ken G. Brown <[hidden email]>:
> > I'm a bit confused with all the different versions of everything.
> > Might there be a more consistent methodology of versioning?
> > On June 18th, you mentioned changing your versioning scheme.
> > Might I ask which version of 123 is this? As far as I know there already was a dev version 123.
>

> Stéphane answered to an old mail that's why the title is 123. My two
> last images are named squeak-dev-07.6 and squeak-dev-beta-07.6. Beta
> images have always been based on 3.10 whereas non beta are based on
> 3.9.
In fact it seems I did the mistake. Sorry Stéphane :-). The new image
is named 07.6 beta, not 123.

Sorry.

--
Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Beta Image] Version 123

Ken G. Brown
>Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 07:41:25 +0200
>From: "Damien Cassou" <[hidden email]>
>Subject: Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Beta Image] Version 123
><snip>
>
>> Could the dev image include the 3.9 or 3.10 along with the update level in the versioning?
>
>Isn't the "beta" in the name enough?
>
>--
>Damien Cassou

Beta is ok once you know I guess, but perhaps is not as clear for someone new to it.
And once it is based on 3.11, it will look the same as one based on 3.10.

Ken

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Beta Image] Version 123

Damien Cassou-3
2007/6/28, Ken G. Brown <[hidden email]>:
> Beta is ok once you know I guess, but perhaps is not as clear for someone new to it. And once it is based on 3.11, it will look the same as one based on 3.10.

I will try to remember for the next version. If I don't, you can remind me :-D.

Bye

Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Beta Image] Version 123

Ken G. Brown
Actually in thinking about it a bit further, I wouldn't mind seeing something like:
squeak3.10-7119dev07.6.2Beta.image

or really, what good does Beta even serve?
so:
squeak3.10-7119dev07.6.2.image
or even shorter for example if that's what is wanted:
sq3.9-7067dev07.6.1.image
sq3.10-7119dev07.6.2.image

   Ken

2007/6/29, Ken G. Brown <[hidden email]>:
> Actually in thinking about it a bit further, I wouldn't mind seeing something like:
> squeak3.10-7119dev07.6.2Beta.image
>
> or really, what good does Beta even serve?
> so:
> squeak3.10-7119dev07.6.2.image
> or even shorter for example if that's what is wanted:
> sq3.9-7067dev07.6.1.image
> sq3.10-7119dev07.6.2.image

It's ok for me. I'll switch for the next release.

Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Beta Image] Version 123

stephane ducasse
Hi damien

will do a version for 3.9 ?
especially for the OB fixes.