[ANN][Squeak-dev Image] Version 118

Damien Cassou-3
Squeak-dev image is an image made for squeak developers.

*Important notice:* This version is based on Squeak 3.9 7067.

You can download it here:
http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/

Changes in this version:
------------------------------
- Based on Squeak 3.9 7067.
- The documentation now contains all installed packages.
- The new Universe Browser based on OmniBrowser replaces the previous one.
- Lot's of other packages have been updated too.

Updating the image:
-------------------------

You are not obliged to download a new image if you don't want. You can
always update your image.

To upgrade your already existing squeak-dev image:

1) World menu->open...->Package Universe Browser
2) Update list from network
3) Select all upgrades
4) Install selection
5) Execute: 'DEVImageCreator default install' (all windows will be closed)

Prepared packages:
--------------------------

There are a lot of packages prepared for you in this image. They are
not loaded in the image, but they can be easily.

- Open Package Universe Browser (world->open...->Package Universe Browser).
- Click on "Update list from network"
- Wait a few seconds
- Select your packages
- Install them

Future work:
----------------

- Wait for feedback.
- Follow Squeak 3.10 beta releases.
- Think about a new way of naming the image version. This is because
currently, the version is based on the Monticello repository version.
However, the big updates/changes now happen in the universe directly
and I don't have to touch the source code anymore.

Please tell me what is your experience with this version. Please tell me
what you want for this image, this is for you.

Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Image] Version 118

Steven Elkins
On 4/26/07, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please tell me what is your experience with this version. Please tell me
> what you want for this image, this is for you.

Thanks for your work on these images.

Starting squeak-dev-118.image and using the 'do' menu to run...

        Undeclared removeUnreferencedKeys; inspect.

...a Dictionary with 4 keys appears.

#ArithmeticValue
This is from the VW side of the RoelTyper subsystem.  Probably
harmless in Squeak.

#DEVMonticello
I bet you know what to do about this one.

#execute
Referenced in OBPluggableCommand>>execute:.  Maybe safe to remove the
method since #execute: only has one sender,
OBMercuryPanel>>accept:notifying: and that method sends #execute: to
self.

#supuser
Referenced in UPWild>>addUser:withPassword:andEmail:.  Maybe this
should be 'superUser username' instead.

Regards,
Steve

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Image] Version 118

Damien Cassou-3
Hi Steven,

2007/4/28, Steven Elkins <[hidden email]>:
> #DEVMonticello
> I bet you know what to do about this one.

Corrected

> #execute
> Referenced in OBPluggableCommand>>execute:.  Maybe safe to remove the
> method since #execute: only has one sender,
> OBMercuryPanel>>accept:notifying: and that method sends #execute: to
> self.

Corrected.

Thank you very much for the report.

I can't do anything for the other 2. Can you write bug reports to
bugs.squeak.org please?

Damien Cassou

On 4/28/07, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can't do anything for the other 2. Can you write bug reports to
> bugs.squeak.org please?

Oh nooooo!  :)

Regarding #ArithmeticValue, see...

    http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6452

Regarding #supuser, the 'dc' in Universes-dc.25 isn't you?

Steve

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Image] Version 118

Damien Cassou-3
2007/4/28, Steven Elkins <[hidden email]>:

> On 4/28/07, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I can't do anything for the other 2. Can you write bug reports to
> > bugs.squeak.org please?
>
> Oh nooooo!  :)
>
> Regarding #ArithmeticValue, see...
>
>     http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6452
>
> Regarding #supuser, the 'dc' in Universes-dc.25 isn't you?

It's me but I'm not responsible for Universe :-) However, I corrected the bug.

--
Damien Cassou