[ANN][Squeak-dev Image] Version 92

Damien Cassou-3
Squeak-dev image is an image made for squeak developers based on
Squeak3.9-final-7067.

If you use it, please tell me.

You can download it here:
http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/

Changes in this version:
------------------------------

- Complete rewrite using only Universes by Lex Spoon
- Completely new OmniBrowser version thanks to Colin Putney
- Mercury Pane added to OmniBrowser. Thanks to Avi Bryant and Colin
Putney. Mercury permits fast browsing (see
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2007-January/010397.html)
- Shout has been updated by Andrew Tween to make it compatible with last OB

Prepared packages:
--------------------------

There are a lot of packages prepared for you in this image. They are
not loaded in the image, but they can be easily.

- Open Package Universe Browser (world->open...->Package Universe Browser).
- Click on "Update list from network"
- Wait a few seconds
- Choose your packages

Future work:
----------------

- Wait for feedback.
- Base squeak-dev image on Keith Hodges 3.9.1.

Please tell me what is your experience with this version. Please tell me
what you want for this image, this is for you.

Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Image] Version 92

Damien Cassou-3
Did I say the image is 4.3MB smaller now ?

Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Image] Version 92

Martial Boniou
Excellent work! I will test and probably upgrade from 83-dev.
Is there a way to update a previous image to the next one in your dev
images like we can do with KernelImage?

--
Martial

Damien Cassou a écrit :
| Did I say the image is 4.3MB smaller now ?
|
| --
| Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Image] Version 92

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi-2
Great ;)

And why is smaller?

Damien Cassou escribió:

> Squeak-dev image is an image made for squeak developers based on
> Squeak3.9-final-7067.
>
> If you use it, please tell me.
>
> You can download it here:
> http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/
>
> Changes in this version:
> ------------------------------
>
> - Complete rewrite using only Universes by Lex Spoon
> - Completely new OmniBrowser version thanks to Colin Putney
> - Mercury Pane added to OmniBrowser. Thanks to Avi Bryant and Colin
> Putney. Mercury permits fast browsing (see
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2007-January/010397.html)
>
> - Shout has been updated by Andrew Tween to make it compatible with last OB
>

> Prepared packages:
> --------------------------
>
> There are a lot of packages prepared for you in this image. They are
> not loaded in the image, but they can be easily.
>
> - Open Package Universe Browser (world->open...->Package Universe Browser).
> - Click on "Update list from network"
> - Wait a few seconds
> - Choose your packages
>
> Future work:
> ----------------
>
> - Wait for feedback.
> - Base squeak-dev image on Keith Hodges 3.9.1.
>
> Please tell me what is your experience with this version. Please tell me
> what you want for this image, this is for you.

--
Giuseppe Luigi Punzi

:: ZYO :: Solutions everywhere

email: [hidden email]
tlfno: +34 675 145 912
web: http://www.zyoconsulting.com

2007/3/15, Martial Boniou <[hidden email]>:
> Excellent work! I will test and probably upgrade from 83-dev.
> Is there a way to update a previous image to the next one in your dev
> images like we can do with KernelImage?

In the past, there were no way. But now, thanks to universes, you
might be able to update from version 92 to new versions using the
Package Universe Browser only. I will send a mail each time an update
is made available.

Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Image] Version 92

Martial Boniou
Great! It is a very good reason to switch to 92. I guess the pier-blog
images will be upgraded like that too.

--
Martial

Damien Cassou a écrit :
| 2007/3/15, Martial Boniou <[hidden email]>:
| >Excellent work! I will test and probably upgrade from 83-dev.
| >Is there a way to update a previous image to the next one in your dev
| >images like we can do with KernelImage?
|
| In the past, there were no way. But now, thanks to universes, you
| might be able to update from version 92 to new versions using the
| Package Universe Browser only. I will send a mail each time an update
| is made available.
|
| --
| Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Image] Version 92

Damien Cassou-3
Please stop being enthusiastic, it seems purging squeakmap using
"SMSqueakMap default purge" was not a good idea. Now, SqueakMap is
completely unusable.

I will recreate a new image without the purge. Please wait.

Damien Cassou

2007/3/15, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi <[hidden email]>:
> Great ;)
>
> And why is smaller?

I don't really know :-) I think it is due to prepared packages but I
need to investigate more. Now, there is no more home made prepared
packages. Everything will be done using Lex's universes. Please wait a
few days until I convert all packages to Universes system.

Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Image] Version 92

Martial Boniou
Ok! get it! I'll wait.

--
Martial

Damien Cassou a écrit :
| 2007/3/15, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi <[hidden email]>:
| >Great ;)
| >
| >And why is smaller?
|
| I don't really know :-) I think it is due to prepared packages but I
| need to investigate more. Now, there is no more home made prepared
| packages. Everything will be done using Lex's universes. Please wait a
| few days until I convert all packages to Universes system.
|
| --
| Damien Cassou

Re: [ANN][Squeak-dev Image] Version 92

Damien Cassou-3
2007/3/15, Martial Boniou <[hidden email]>:
> Ok! get it! I'll wait.

Squeak dev 93 is out!

http://damien.cassou.free.fr/squeak-dev/squeak-dev-93.zip

Please try it and tell me your opinion.