[ANN] Squeak4.5-13316 ready to download

Edgar De Cleene

Folks, here you have the official (no Edgardese) version hand made.
I just made for myself and people in squeakros, hope could be useful to somebody.

Edgar

Re: [ANN] Squeak4.5-13316 ready to download

Chris Muller-3
Edgar, what is this?

I think your subject line could confuse people by appearing to be an
ANNouncement of an "official" release of Squeak.

Just to be clear, Squeak 4.5 is not released.  This might just be an
updated trunk image..?

El 11/2/13, 5:46 PM, "Chris Muller" <[hidden email]> escribió:

>Edgar, what is this?
>
>I think your subject line could confuse people by appearing to be an
>ANNouncement of an "official" release of Squeak.
>
>Just to be clear, Squeak 4.5 is not released.  This might just be an
>updated trunk image..?

Try to clarify.

People on my group who attend Smalltalks2013 complains about updating to
last trunk raise some Monticello windows.
So as I follow trunk closely for my use is easier to me made a hand
updated .image.
I do not claim this is ³official².
I said should be the same as CI builds as I do no put any different.

Sorry if I so some wrongŠ

Edgar

Re: [ANN] Squeak4.5-13316 ready to download

Hannes Hirzel
I think this shows the need to copy a somewhat stable version from
(system integrity is fine again after a series of commits) from

     http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/

    http://ftp.squeak.org/4.5alpha/

For convenience. Last one is June 2013.

Edgar did this in the past for earlier versions.

--Hannes

P.S. And the existence of
      http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/

should be announced from time to time or be easy to spot on www.squeak.org

On 11/2/13, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> El 11/2/13, 5:46 PM, "Chris Muller" <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
>>Edgar, what is this?
>>
>>I think your subject line could confuse people by appearing to be an
>>ANNouncement of an "official" release of Squeak.
>>
>>Just to be clear, Squeak 4.5 is not released.  This might just be an
>>updated trunk image..?
>
> Try to clarify.
>
> People on my group who attend Smalltalks2013 complains about updating to
> last trunk raise some Monticello windows.
> So as I follow trunk closely for my use is easier to me made a hand
> updated .image.
> I do not claim this is ³official².
> I said should be the same as CI builds as I do no put any different.
>
> Sorry if I so some wrongŠ
>
> Edgar

Re: [ANN] Squeak4.5-13316 ready to download

Frank Shearar-3
On 3 November 2013 00:41, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think this shows the need to copy a somewhat stable version from
> (system integrity is fine again after a series of commits) from
>
>      http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/

>     http://ftp.squeak.org/4.5alpha/
>
> For convenience. Last one is June 2013.

Until the current issue around tests is resolved (the hanging that
might be happening in the Monticello tests: see recent mails on the
topic), we can't release anything from CI. I can't reproduce the
problem on my Windows machine.

But otherwise, yes, ideally the ReleaseSqueakTrunk job would, on a
successful build, give us something we could manually vet and then
publish on ftp.squeak.org.

frank

> Edgar did this in the past for earlier versions.
>
> --Hannes
>

> P.S. And the existence of
>       http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/
>
> should be announced from time to time or be easy to spot on www.squeak.org
>

> On 11/2/13, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> El 11/2/13, 5:46 PM, "Chris Muller" <[hidden email]> escribió:
>>
>>>Edgar, what is this?
>>>
>>>I think your subject line could confuse people by appearing to be an
>>>ANNouncement of an "official" release of Squeak.
>>>
>>>Just to be clear, Squeak 4.5 is not released.  This might just be an
>>>updated trunk image..?
>>
>> Try to clarify.
>>
>> People on my group who attend Smalltalks2013 complains about updating to
>> last trunk raise some Monticello windows.
>> So as I follow trunk closely for my use is easier to me made a hand
>> updated .image.
>> I do not claim this is ³official².
>> I said should be the same as CI builds as I do no put any different.
>>
>> Sorry if I so some wrongŠ
>>
>> Edgar

Re: [ANN] Squeak4.5-13316 ready to download

Karl Ramberg
www.squeak.org is really in need of some updates. Is there anyone active at all in the web team ?

Karl

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 1:41 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think this shows the need to copy a somewhat stable version from
(system integrity is fine again after a series of commits) from

     http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/

    http://ftp.squeak.org/4.5alpha/

For convenience. Last one is June 2013.

Edgar did this in the past for earlier versions.

--Hannes

P.S. And the existence of
      http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/

should be announced from time to time or be easy to spot on www.squeak.org

On 11/2/13, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> El 11/2/13, 5:46 PM, "Chris Muller" <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
>>Edgar, what is this?
>>
>>I think your subject line could confuse people by appearing to be an
>>ANNouncement of an "official" release of Squeak.
>>
>>Just to be clear, Squeak 4.5 is not released.  This might just be an
>>updated trunk image..?
>
> Try to clarify.
>
> People on my group who attend Smalltalks2013 complains about updating to
> last trunk raise some Monticello windows.
> So as I follow trunk closely for my use is easier to me made a hand
> updated .image.
> I do not claim this is ³official².
> I said should be the same as CI builds as I do no put any different.
>
> Sorry if I so some wrongŠ
>
> Edgar

Re: [ANN] Squeak4.5-13316 ready to download

Hannes Hirzel
Yes, besides info lacking about build.squeak.org

the download page still references a 4.1 All-in-one download for
Seaside instead of referring to

http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/seaside/Seaside-3.0.8-AllInOne.zip

And one hierarchy level higher there is
http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/Squeak-4.4-All-in-One.zip
which seems to be older

--Hannes

On 11/3/13, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> www.squeak.org is really in need of some updates. Is there anyone active at
> all in the web team ?
>
> Karl
>

> On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 1:41 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I think this shows the need to copy a somewhat stable version from
>> (system integrity is fine again after a series of commits) from
>>
>>      http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/

>>     http://ftp.squeak.org/4.5alpha/
>>
>> For convenience. Last one is June 2013.
>>
>> Edgar did this in the past for earlier versions.
>>
>> --Hannes
>>

>> P.S. And the existence of
>>       http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/
>>
>> should be announced from time to time or be easy to spot on
>> www.squeak.org

>> > Try to clarify.
>> >
>> > People on my group who attend Smalltalks2013 complains about updating
>> > last trunk raise some Monticello windows.
>> > So as I follow trunk closely for my use is easier to me made a hand
>> > updated .image.
>> > I do not claim this is ³official².
>> > I said should be the same as CI builds as I do no put any different.
>> >
>> > Sorry if I so some wrongŠ
>> >
>> > Edgar

Re: [ANN] Squeak4.5-13316 ready to download

Chris Muller-3
The community would be very grateful for one of you to help us address
these issues.