[ANN] SqueakMap Package Loader new release

[ANN] SqueakMap Package Loader new release

Brian Rice
This release (1.1) puts together a number of small improvements to
the SqueakMap package loader UI and is available now on SqueakMap.

Improvements:
- Installed packages and releases are now marked in bold.
- Searching now also uses the description field.
- All of the main features of the app are now in a visible button bar.
- ToolBuilder support is used if available. This means two mostly-
identical UIs, but that it will retain compatibility with Squeak
versions pre-3.9.
- The search bar is more obviously labeled.
- Menu entries are now shorter and more readable.

Known Issues:
- Searching does not update the package list selection in the
ToolBuilder UI.
- On updating to this version, the non-ToolBuilder UI will be (re-)
opened even though the ToolBuilder UI will be installed in the menu.

These should be fixed in a release soon.

Enjoy!

--
-Brian
http://briantrice.com

PGP.sig (193 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] SqueakMap Package Loader new release

Brian Rice
Release 1.13 (consider the previous as 1.10) is out which fixes
backwards compatibility with older Squeaks, at least back to 3.6,
incorporates an alternative UI, and presents in the "open..." menu
some shorter entries:

SqueakMap Catalog -> the package loader
SqueakMap Categories -> the alternative UI

The alternative UI is based on Bijan Parsia's older "Categorical SM
Package Loader" which has been available on SqueakMap since 2002 and
has been broken for some time. I have left a relevant note on that
package's description.

Known Issues:
- The ToolBuilder-based package loader still has the bug that the
search pane does not update the package list selection.

--
-Brian
http://briantrice.com

PGP.sig (193 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] SqueakMap Package Loader new release

Brian Rice
Release 1.14 uses UIManager instead of Cursor in ToolBuilderPlus,
which seems to make it entirely UI-independent except for the ability
to launch a FileList2 (which UIManager does not address non-modally),
and factors out a standard #defaultLabel method from the window label
methods.

Known Issues:
- The ToolBuilder-based package loader's search pane does not update
the package list selection.
- Does not include its own Namespace implementation and syntax hack.

--
-Brian
http://briantrice.com

PGP.sig (193 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] SqueakMap Package Loader new release

Brian Rice
Release 1.15 adds fixes:
- Fixed SMLoaderPlus search pane to update the package list selection.
- Fixed issues with class initialization - SMLoader variants now will
initialize default filters even if not installed in menus.
- Fixed the category list so that selecting a category will not clear
the package list selection if it's in the category.

There are no outstanding issues, so I will now focus on ToolBuilder
extensions and improvements based on my experiences.