[ANN] SqueakPeople Certifications

garduino
Hi:

Trying to test the newest versions of Squeak (3.10) and Seaside (2.8)
I developed a tiny app to group the SqueakPeople by its certifications
using the page of SqueakPeople with this data, as data source.

The app is running on seasidehosting, at this link:

http://squeakpeoplestats.seasidehosting.st/seaside/SqueakPeopleStats

Enjoy :)

--
Germán S. Arduino
http://www.arsol.biz
http://germanarduino.blogspot.com

Re: [ANN] SqueakPeople Certifications

Giuseppe
INteresting.

A possible feature, could be, the name linking to the personal page
on SqueakPeople.

Cheers.

El 27/01/2008, a las 13:25, Germán Arduino escribió:

> Hi:
>
> Trying to test the newest versions of Squeak (3.10) and Seaside (2.8)
> I developed a tiny app to group the SqueakPeople by its certifications
> using the page of SqueakPeople with this data, as data source.
>
> The app is running on seasidehosting, at this link:
>
> http://squeakpeoplestats.seasidehosting.st/seaside/SqueakPeopleStats
>
> Enjoy :)
>
> --
> Germán S. Arduino
> http://www.arsol.biz
> http://www.arsol.net
> http://germanarduino.blogspot.com

Re: [ANN] SqueakPeople Certifications

garduino
ok, I take note to the next "version" :)

Thanks.

2008/1/27, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz <[hidden email]>:

> INteresting.
>
> A possible feature, could be, the name linking to the personal page
> on SqueakPeople.
>
> Cheers.
>
> El 27/01/2008, a las 13:25, Germán Arduino escribió:
>
> > Hi:
> >
> > Trying to test the newest versions of Squeak (3.10) and Seaside (2.8)
> > I developed a tiny app to group the SqueakPeople by its certifications
> > using the page of SqueakPeople with this data, as data source.
> >
> > The app is running on seasidehosting, at this link:
> >
> > http://squeakpeoplestats.seasidehosting.st/seaside/SqueakPeopleStats
> >
> > Enjoy :)
> >
> > --
> > Germán S. Arduino
> > http://www.arsol.biz
> > http://www.arsol.net
> > http://germanarduino.blogspot.com

Re: [ANN] SqueakPeople Certifications

cedreek
hitting alias causes a walkbalk here...

MessageNotUnderstood: XMLStringNode>><=

Debug Proceed Full Stack
Possible Causes
you sent a message this type of object doesn't understand
Stack Trace
thisContextXMLStringNode(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
#'<='selfGermanArduinoaMessage<= iakovz
thisContext[] in WAReportColumn>>initialize {[:a :b | a <= b]}selfa
WAReportColumnxiakovzaGermanArduinobiakovzrownil
thisContext[] in WAReportColumn>>sortRows: {[:a :b | sortBlock value:
a value value: b value]}selfa WAReportColumnanArrayan
OrderedCollection(a SQPPerson a SQPPerson a SQPPerson a SQPPerson a
SQPPerson a SQPPerson a SQPPe...etc...assocsan OrderedCollection(a
SQPPerson->GermanArduino a SQPPerson->cdrick a SQPPerson->ab a
SQPPerson->Tor...etc...eaa SQPPersonaa SQPPerson->GermanArduinoba
SQPPerson->iakovz
thisContextSortedCollection>>should:precede:selfa SortedCollection(a
SQPPerson->GermanArduino a SQPPerson->cdrick a SQPPerson->ab a
SQPPerson->Torst...etc...aa SQPPerson->GermanArduinoba
SQPPerson->iakovz

Re: [ANN] SqueakPeople Certifications

garduino
Thanks by the report.

The problem es with the parsing of the html page, I must to modify
them to return a string as in name or certification.

Cheers.

2008/1/27, cdrick <[hidden email]>:

> hitting alias causes a walkbalk here...
>
> MessageNotUnderstood: XMLStringNode>><=
>
> Debug Proceed Full Stack
> Possible Causes
> you sent a message this type of object doesn't understand
> Stack Trace
> thisContextXMLStringNode(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
> #'<='selfGermanArduinoaMessage<= iakovz
> thisContext[] in WAReportColumn>>initialize {[:a :b | a <= b]}selfa
> WAReportColumnxiakovzaGermanArduinobiakovzrownil
> thisContext[] in WAReportColumn>>sortRows: {[:a :b | sortBlock value:
> a value value: b value]}selfa WAReportColumnanArrayan
> OrderedCollection(a SQPPerson a SQPPerson a SQPPerson a SQPPerson a
> SQPPerson a SQPPerson a SQPPe...etc...assocsan OrderedCollection(a
> SQPPerson->GermanArduino a SQPPerson->cdrick a SQPPerson->ab a
> SQPPerson->Tor...etc...eaa SQPPersonaa SQPPerson->GermanArduinoba
> SQPPerson->iakovz
> thisContextSortedCollection>>should:precede:selfa SortedCollection(a
> SQPPerson->GermanArduino a SQPPerson->cdrick a SQPPerson->ab a
> SQPPerson->Torst...etc...aa SQPPerson->GermanArduinoba
> SQPPerson->iakovz

[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] SqueakPeople Certifications

garduino
Well, I developed some improvements and fixes:

- Fixed the problem preventing ordering by alias.
- Added a link to the SqueakPeople page of the person.
- Added a history to hold on the evolution of the number of people by certification. Don't works automatically, I must update the data from time to time.
- Added a report of such history data.

The url of the live app is: <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://squeakpeoplestats.seasidehosting.st/seaside/SqueakPeopleStats" target="_blank">http://squeakpeoplestats.seasidehosting.st/seaside/SqueakPeopleStats and the source code is available (MIT licensed of course) on SqueakSource.

Let me know any comment.

Cheers.

2008/1/28, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]>:
Thanks.

Yes, I will do when time permit.

Cheers.

2008/1/27, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]>:

> That is very nice.  Any chance you could add a link to the name to the
> persons real squeakPeople account?
>
> Ron

RE: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] SqueakPeople Certifications

Ron Teitelbaum

Hi Germán,

That is very nice, it should be helpful for people wanting to scan through the observers to certify them, especially during the next election.

Thanks,

Ron

The url of the live app is: http://squeakpeoplestats.seasidehosting.st/seaside/SqueakPeopleStats and the source code is available (MIT licensed of course) on SqueakSource.

Let me know any comment.

Cheers.

2008/1/28, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]>:

Thanks.

Yes, I will do when time permit.

Cheers.

2008/1/27, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]>:

> That is very nice.  Any chance you could add a link to the name to the
> persons real squeakPeople account?
>
> Ron

Thanks by the feedback Ron.

Hope this little app be useful to the community.

Cheers.

The url of the live app is: <a href="http://squeakpeoplestats.seasidehosting.st/seaside/SqueakPeopleStats" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://squeakpeoplestats.seasidehosting.st/seaside/SqueakPeopleStats and the source code is available (MIT licensed of course) on SqueakSource.

Let me know any comment.

Cheers.

2008/1/28, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]>:

Thanks.

Yes, I will do when time permit.

Cheers.

2008/1/27, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]>:

> That is very nice.  Any chance you could add a link to the name to the
> persons real squeakPeople account?
>
> Ron

Gary Chambers-4
Would, of course, be nice to have a "difference" view showing the migrations betweeen levels. Also a summary of "new-entrants" etc.

Gary
That is very nice, it should be helpful for people wanting to scan through the observers to certify them, especially during the next election.

Thanks,

Ron

Well, I developed some improvements and fixes:

- Fixed the problem preventing ordering by alias.
- Added a link to the SqueakPeople page of the person.
- Added a history to hold on the evolution of the number of people by certification. Don't works automatically, I must update the data from time to time.
- Added a report of such history data.

The url of the live app is: http://squeakpeoplestats.seasidehosting.st/seaside/SqueakPeopleStats and the source code is available (MIT licensed of course) on SqueakSource.

Let me know any comment.

Cheers.

2008/1/28, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]>:

Thanks.

Yes, I will do when time permit.

Cheers.

2008/1/27, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]>:

> That is very nice.  Any chance you could add a link to the name to the
> persons real squeakPeople account?
>
> Ron

NorbertHartl
On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 20:48 -0300, Germán Arduino wrote:
> Thanks by the feedback Ron.
>
> Hope this little app be useful to the community.

Of course. I did a quick peek and located a friend of
mine which wasn't certified at all :)

thanks,

Norbert

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] SqueakPeople Certifications

garduino
Yes, agree, may be with more free time, but I should save all the data at specific dates, I'm not doing that now. Only reading the web page and saving the current content to show the records sorted by certification and saving the summary of # of people by certification.

Don't promise nothing, but....who know....