ANN: Squeakfest Brasil 2009

Kim Rose-2

Hello everyone,

This year we hope to hold two Squeakfest conferences, one in Brasil and another in the United States.

While US details are still pending, we're very pleased to announce Squeakfest Brasil!

WHEN:  July 24th and 25th, 2009

WHERE: Porto Alegre, Brasil

WHO: Hosted by UFRGS and Pensamento Digital

WHAT: a teacher-oriented, hands-on conference, showcasing Squeak Etoys use throughout Brasil and the rest of South & Central America

LANGUAGES: Portuguese and Spanish, with English translators

We've timed our conference so you may also attend the 9th World Conference on Computers in Education (WCCE):

WHEN: July 27th to July 31st, 2009

WHERE: Bento Gonçalves, Brasil

LANGUAGE: English

Transportation from Porto Alegre will be arranged as part of WCCE registration.

--

Several from Squeakland and Viewpoints will be presenting at both conferences.  We encourage others from our community to consider presenting and to help us spread the word to colleagues and friends.

We'll be sending a "call for presentations" in March and will also be launching the conference website at that time.

To receive further Squeakfest announcements, sign up for mailings here:

For more information:

Squeakland:  http://squeakland.org

Join us!
Kim

Re: ANN: Squeakfest Brasil 2009

Randal L. Schwartz

Kim> This year we hope to hold two Squeakfest conferences, one in Brasil  and
Kim> another in the United States.

Kim> While US details are still pending, we're very pleased to announce  Squeakfest
Kim> Brasil!

Sadly, right during OSCON in San Jose. :(

See http://methodsandmessages.vox.com/ for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion

Re: ANN: Squeakfest Brasil 2009

Bert Freudenberg
On 14.02.2009, at 07:07, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Kim> This year we hope to hold two Squeakfest conferences, one in
> Brasil  and
> Kim> another in the United States.
>
> Kim> While US details are still pending, we're very pleased to
> announce  Squeakfest
> Kim> Brasil!
>
> Sadly, right during OSCON in San Jose. :(

And probably a gazillion other conferences. Which is not too much of a
problem because the target group is different.

And, maybe you can make it to Squeakfest California instead :)

- Bert -

Re: ANN: Squeakfest Brasil 2009

Kim Rose-2
This is too bad, Randy -- however, to be honest, Squeakfest Brasil is
looking to assemble and host a greater number of teacher/Etoy users
and curriculum developers and perhaps fewer "software developers" or
those who may be planning to participate at OSCON.

Bear in mind, we are also hoping to have a gathering in Los Angeles in
August and will be posting additional information on that soon.

best regards,
Kim

On Feb 13, 2009, at 10:07 PM, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Kim> This year we hope to hold two Squeakfest conferences, one in
> Brasil  and
> Kim> another in the United States.
>
> Kim> While US details are still pending, we're very pleased to
> announce  Squeakfest
> Kim> Brasil!
>
> Sadly, right during OSCON in San Jose. :(

> 777 0095
> <[hidden email]> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
> See http://methodsandmessages.vox.com/ for Smalltalk and Seaside
> discussion

RES: ANN: Squeakfest Brasil 2009

Marta Voelcker

Hello!

We are very happy with the opportunity  to hold Sqeuakfest in Porto Alegre, it  is an honor for our local team and a great possibility to strength Etoys local  community.

We plan to share the work done at Luciana de Abreu school (with XOs) and other local activities and research, and we are looking forward to hear from foreign  presenters what they have been doing lately!

Because we are still on summer vacation (university and schools) we couldn’t define all details yet,

Call for presentations and more definitions will be announced in March,

Best,

Marta Voelcker