[ANN] Towards a new File In / File Out format

[ANN] Towards a new File In / File Out format

Torsten Bergmann
Hi stephane,

the SDK is available since I think ESUG 2002 and was rarely updated after
that.
The latest version from the website is v4.1.4.616 from June 2004. Even if
some
people complain about the slow progress it is available and usable (on
Win32).

I dont know how many people really played with the AOS SDK - maybe they
expected (or still expect) a full commercial IDE system or a well
maintained,
documented open source system for all OS platforms.
Don't know about it's future in general - it's like everywhere mostly a
question of
resources and time...

Bye
Torsten

Re: [ANN] Towards a new File In / File Out format

stéphane ducasse-2

On 29 mai 06, at 23:00, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Hi stephane,
>
> the SDK is available since I think ESUG 2002 and was rarely updated
> after that.
> The latest version from the website is v4.1.4.616 from June 2004.
> Even if some
> people complain about the slow progress it is available and usable
> (on Win32).

I saw I checked.
This is a pity that it was never really announced and public. Because
this was a cool
scripting language (even if there are some points I really hate)

> I dont know how many people really played with the AOS SDK - maybe
> they
> expected (or still expect) a full commercial IDE system or a well
> maintained,
> documented open source system for all OS platforms.
> Don't know about it's future in general - it's like everywhere
> mostly a question of
> resources and time...

I like the syntax of pepsi or the one I propose and I would loved to
be able to use Squeak
that way. With Passport (did not check yet) the part of chronos so
that we could have a cool
abstraction on files.

Stef