[ANN] Working with Pharo on the Raspberry Pi

[ANN] Working with Pharo on the Raspberry Pi

Torsten Bergmann
I wrote a small article on Medium on how to setup the Pi
with a touch screen and Pharo:

https://medium.com/@astares/pharo-pi-9eef257b6a21#.gw72pe7uy

Hope one or the other might be interested.

Have fun
T.

Re: [ANN] Working with Pharo on the Raspberry Pi

Thierry Goubier
Le 25/10/2015 21:47, Torsten Bergmann a écrit :

> I wrote a small article on Medium on how to setup the Pi
> with a touch screen and Pharo:
>
> https://medium.com/@astares/pharo-pi-9eef257b6a21#.gw72pe7uy
>
> Hope one or the other might be interested.
>
> Have fun
> T.

Cool and interesting :)

Thierry

Re: [ANN] Working with Pharo on the Raspberry Pi

Attila Magyar
Hi Torsten,

Have you tried the cogvm on the Pi? It is much faster than the stack vm. If I remember correctly, I used this one last time: http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3427/cogspurlinuxhtARM-15.33.3427.tgz

Attila

Re: [ANN] Working with Pharo on the Raspberry Pi

Tim Hendriks
Pharo5 works with fine with the squeak vm in Jessie. No error’s and much faster. Didn’t test it thoroughly.

Tim

> On 26 Oct 2015, at 16:41, Attila Magyar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Torsten,
>
> Have you tried the cogvm on the Pi? It is much faster than the stack vm. If
> I remember correctly, I used this one last time:
> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3427/cogspurlinuxhtARM-15.33.3427.tgz
>
> Attila

Re: [ANN] Working with Pharo on the Raspberry Pi

Tim Hendriks
What I would like is access to the GPIO pins from Pharo…. It is possible from Scratch so someone (i am to stupid to do this) could maybe hack that into Pharo?

Tim

> On 30 Oct 2015, at 16:22, Tim Hendriks <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Pharo5 works with fine with the squeak vm in Jessie. No error’s and much faster. Didn’t test it thoroughly.
>
> Tim
>

>> On 26 Oct 2015, at 16:41, Attila Magyar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Torsten,
>>
>> Have you tried the cogvm on the Pi? It is much faster than the stack vm. If
>> I remember correctly, I used this one last time:
>> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3427/cogspurlinuxhtARM-15.33.3427.tgz
>>
>> Attila

Re: [ANN] Working with Pharo on the Raspberry Pi

EuanM
In the medium-term, I plan to run my app from a Pi.  This is definitely encouraging.

Re: [ANN] Working with Pharo on the Raspberry Pi

EuanM
Thanks.  My medium-term plan is to run my Smalltalk app from a Pi - this was encouraging!

Re: [ANN] Working with Pharo on the Raspberry Pi

stepharo
Jean-Baptiste did it and demoed it at ESUG at Cambridge.
He is now travelling and crashed his machine so may contact him at:
[hidden email]
He will be probably busy until wednesday fixing his machine and
application to a new job.
Stef

Le 30/10/15 08:27, Tim Hendriks a écrit :

> What I would like is access to the GPIO pins from Pharo…. It is possible from Scratch so someone (i am to stupid to do this) could maybe hack that into Pharo?
>
> Tim
>

>> On 30 Oct 2015, at 16:22, Tim Hendriks <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Pharo5 works with fine with the squeak vm in Jessie. No error’s and much faster. Didn’t test it thoroughly.
>>
>> Tim
>>

>>> On 26 Oct 2015, at 16:41, Attila Magyar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Torsten,
>>>
>>> Have you tried the cogvm on the Pi? It is much faster than the stack vm. If
>>> I remember correctly, I used this one last time:
>>> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3427/cogspurlinuxhtARM-15.33.3427.tgz
>>>
>>> Attila

Re: [ANN] Working with Pharo on the Raspberry Pi

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 26 Oct 2015, at 16:41, Attila Magyar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Torsten,
>
> Have you tried the cogvm on the Pi? It is much faster than the stack vm. If
> I remember correctly, I used this one last time:
> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3427/cogspurlinuxhtARM-15.33.3427.tgz
>
> Attila

Are you sure you tried with a Pharo image ?

$ ./cogspurlinuxhtARM/lib/squeak/5.0-3427/squeak -headless Pharo.image printVersion
This interpreter (vers. 6521) cannot read image file (vers. 6505).
Press CR to quit...

$ ./bin/PharoS --nodisplay Pharo.image printVersion
setlocale() failed (check values of LC_CTYPE, LANG and LC_ALL)
[version] 4.0 #40621

Sven