[ANN] ZurgleRemake

Edgar J. De Cleene
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5887

Is waiting Bill, Giusseppe and all what join in this new Indiana Jones
rescue of good old code collecting dust.

Of course, I was very short of fits Jim shoes.... but hope learn a lot.

Edgar

Picture 1.jpg (60K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] ZurgleRemake

tblanchard
I notice that there are a lot of themes for various window managers
available in places like

http://themes.freshmeat.net/

It would be cool if we could take advantage of these.

-Todd Blanchard

On Oct 16, 2006, at 1:15 PM, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5887
>
> Is waiting Bill, Giusseppe and all what join in this new Indiana Jones
> rescue of good old code collecting dust.
>
> Of course, I was very short of fits Jim shoes.... but hope learn a
> lot.
>
> Edgar
>
> <Picture 1.jpg>

Re: [ANN] ZurgleRemake

Hans-Martin Mosner
Todd Blanchard schrieb:
> I notice that there are a lot of themes for various window managers
> available in places like
>
> http://themes.freshmeat.net/
>
> It would be cool if we could take advantage of these.
Yup. I've played around a bit with GTK bitmap themes, but not to a point
where they could be actually used within Squeak. Part of the problem was
that the gtkrc file syntax is woefully undocumented, and that my old
machine was pretty slow, so that recompiling the SmaCC parser for gtkrc
files took forever. With my new computer, the situation is a lot better,
but at the moment I don't have enough spare time to spend on this
project. If someone on the list understands how the GTK bitmap engine
and themes work, you're welcome to take my SmaCC parser and build
something with it.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin

Re: [ANN] ZurgleRemake

Edgar J. De Cleene
Todd Blanchard puso en su mail :

> I notice that there are a lot of themes for various window managers
> available in places like
>
> http://themes.freshmeat.net/
>
> It would be cool if we could take advantage of these.
>
> -Todd Blanchard
Very thanks.
Also I found in SqueakMap Skin II of Stephan B. Wessels.
I see what I could learn of all this.

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: [ANN] ZurgleRemake

Pavel Krivanek
On 10/17/06, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Todd Blanchard puso en su mail :
>
> > I notice that there are a lot of themes for various window managers
> > available in places like
> >
> > http://themes.freshmeat.net/
> >
> > It would be cool if we could take advantage of these.
> >
> > -Todd Blanchard
> Very thanks.
> Also I found in SqueakMap Skin II of Stephan B. Wessels.
> I see what I could learn of all this.
>
> Edgar

Look at SkylarkTheme too (http://www.comtalk.net/Squeak/87). This also
includes some code that removes some overrides of LookEnhancements (in
3.9). The drawing of windows is then much faster and it is easy to
replace the look of window docoration with another graphics (for
example with Aqua theme).

-- Pavel

Re: [ANN] ZurgleRemake

Edgar J. De Cleene
Pavel Krivanek puso en su mail :

> Look at SkylarkTheme too (http://www.comtalk.net/Squeak/87). This also
> includes some code that removes some overrides of LookEnhancements (in
> 3.9). The drawing of windows is then much faster and it is easy to
> replace the look of window docoration with another graphics (for
> example with Aqua theme).
>
> -- Pavel
Pavel:
You should know I a fan of you and Skylark is a default of SqueakLight !!!

Very thanks.
And as soon I could have some for 3.9 I back on Kernel business.

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: [ANN] ZurgleRemake

Edgar J. De Cleene
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5887

Here I put the first try for 3.7 happy load and work.

Still waiting the Windows look fans help ....

A couple of questions:

1) Why the info of version is lost in Swiki ?

zurgle37.3.sar

was the uploaded file

2) How I open and see a tar/gzip archive in Squeak as for example

18k-metal-default-1.2.13.tar.gz

Thanks in advance.

Edgar

Correo Yahoo!

Re: [ANN] ZurgleRemake

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi
Edgar J. De Cleene escribió:
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/5887
>
> Here I put the first try for 3.7 happy load and work.
>
> Still waiting the Windows look fans help ....

I will try it as soon as possible. Thanks ;) (I'm corporative look fan,
no Windows look fan :D )
> 2) How I open and see a tar/gzip archive in Squeak as for example
>
> 18k-metal-default-1.2.13.tar.gz
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Edgar

About this, you can use gzip [http://www.gzip.org/], is available for
very S.O., Mac included.

See you.

--
Giuseppe Luigi Punzi
Linux User: #370919

Re: [ANN] ZurgleRemake

Edgar J. De Cleene
Giuseppe Luigi Punzi puso en su mail :

>> 2) How I open and see a tar/gzip archive in Squeak as for example
>>
>> 18k-metal-default-1.2.13.tar.gz
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Edgar
>>
> About this, you can use gzip [http://www.gzip.org/], is available for
> very S.O., Mac included.

>From inside Squeak !!!

I have Stuffit for OS X

Also , OS X is Unix with a almost good interface (Tim said , I repeat) :=)
So gzip is a Console citizen

Edgara

Correo Yahoo!