[ANN] squeak 3.9-7046

stéphane ducasse-2
We started to run some cleans.

We will try to integrate the latest version services but MC makes it
difficult to move methods
around packages.

Now we need help!
We have problem to clean some obsolete references. If you want to
help here is the problem:

- download Squeak3.9-7045 + update
- ScriptLoader new prepareImage
        works
- ScriptLoader new unloadPackages
- ScriptLoader new prepareImage
        still find references to ToolPlus instances.
And I do not have the time to work on that now.

We will produce a condensed version of the cs.
We checked and we obtained 13mb image and changes.

Stef

BTW we cannot create a new sources since the wideString broke it.
Anybody willing to fix that?

Re: [ANN] squeak 3.9-7046

stéphane ducasse-2
I upload a new image 7046
        with traits undeclared fixes, Smbase undeclared fixes, colin latest
OB and OB-standard.

Stef

On 16 juil. 06, at 15:26, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> We started to run some cleans.
>
> We will try to integrate the latest version services but MC makes
> it difficult to move methods
> around packages.
>
> Now we need help!
> We have problem to clean some obsolete references. If you want to
> help here is the problem:
>
> - download Squeak3.9-7045 + update
> - ScriptLoader new prepareImage
> works
> - ScriptLoader new unloadPackages
> - ScriptLoader new prepareImage
> still find references to ToolPlus instances.
> And I do not have the time to work on that now.
>
> We will produce a condensed version of the cs.
> We checked and we obtained 13mb image and changes.
>
> Stef
>
> BTW we cannot create a new sources since the wideString broke it.
> Anybody willing to fix that?

Re: [ANN] squeak 3.9-7046

Andreas.Raab
stéphane ducasse wrote:
> We have problem to clean some obsolete references. If you want to help
> here is the problem:
>
> - download Squeak3.9-7045 + update
> - ScriptLoader new prepareImage
>     works
> - ScriptLoader new unloadPackages
> - ScriptLoader new prepareImage
>     still find references to ToolPlus instances.

Try "FileServices removeObsolete".

> BTW we cannot create a new sources since the wideString broke it.
> Anybody willing to fix that?

I've done it for Croquet but it's tricky. It is a three stage process:
1) Change MultiByteFileStream>>open:forWrite: such that it refers to
"SqueakV3.sources" instead of "SmalltalkImage current sourcesName". You
need this so that the current sources file remains in MacRoman encoding
but that the new one can be opened using UTF8.
2) Execute Smalltalk>>condenseSources to create a new sources file.
3) Once you have the condensed sources, remove the offending code
alltogether.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: [ANN] squeak 3.9-7046

stéphane ducasse-2

On 17 juil. 06, at 03:28, Andreas Raab wrote:

> stéphane ducasse wrote:
>> We have problem to clean some obsolete references. If you want to
>> help here is the problem:
>> - download Squeak3.9-7045 + update
>> - ScriptLoader new prepareImage
>>     works
>> - ScriptLoader new unloadPackages
>> - ScriptLoader new prepareImage
>>     still find references to ToolPlus instances.
>
> Try "FileServices removeObsolete".

Tx it did the trick.
:)

I tried the others and AppRegistry but not this one.