[ANN] testing tools ...

stefan_reichhart@students.unibe.ch
Hi !

I'm currently doing a project in Squeak which is all about testing
( http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/stefanreichhart/ ).

I'd like to announce the first one of my tools, called "Christo" ( --
 > http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/stefanreichhart/codecoverage/ ). It's a
simple code coverage tool (method & submethod coverage) that can
(safely) collect coverage data using various technologies, like
ByteSurgeon, JCompiledMethods, Methodwrappers, ......
It provides a fully configurable drag&drop-based UI, including
various browsers to inspect coverage results in a fast and easy way.

In case you wanna try it, there is an all-inclusive squeak image on
my page. Otherwise follow the loading instruction on squeaksource
(id: "Coverage" / user: "SR"). The provided image includes several
examples/demos and documentation. Besides it also includes some other
testing tools I'm currently working on ...

I'm looking forward to your questions, impressions, new ideas as well
as some "good" and "bad" feedback !

__________________________
http://www.reichhart.freezope.org

Re: [ANN] testing tools ...

Damien Cassou-3
Hi,

I've just watched the video, very impressive. Please make more videos
and continue working on this very cool project. I'm sure people will
like it.

Thank you for this work

Bye

Re: [ANN] testing tools ...

Diego Fernández
Stefan, many thanks for the good work!
:)

On 8/11/06, [hidden email]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I'm currently doing a project in Squeak which is all about testing
> ( http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/stefanreichhart/ ).
>
> I'd like to announce the first one of my tools, called "Christo" ( --
>  > http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/stefanreichhart/codecoverage/ ). It's a
> simple code coverage tool (method & submethod coverage) that can
> (safely) collect coverage data using various technologies, like
> ByteSurgeon, JCompiledMethods, Methodwrappers, ......
> It provides a fully configurable drag&drop-based UI, including
> various browsers to inspect coverage results in a fast and easy way.
>
> In case you wanna try it, there is an all-inclusive squeak image on
> my page. Otherwise follow the loading instruction on squeaksource
> (id: "Coverage" / user: "SR"). The provided image includes several
> examples/demos and documentation. Besides it also includes some other
> testing tools I'm currently working on ...
>
> I'm looking forward to your questions, impressions, new ideas as well
> as some "good" and "bad" feedback !
>
> Cheers,
> Stef
>
> __________________________
> http://www.reichhart.freezope.org

Re: [ANN] testing tools ...

Colin Putney

On Aug 11, 2006, at 3:18 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I'm currently doing a project in Squeak which is all about testing
> ( http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/stefanreichhart/ ).

Stefan, this is awesome. I've been wanting a coverage tool for quite
a while. Thanks.

My initial impression is that it works great. I'll try to give more
detail after I've had a chance to use it for real work.

Again, nice work, and thanks.

Colin

Re: [ANN] testing tools ...

stéphane ducasse-2
Hi guys

Stefan is doing a master on test smells and we would really like to
know what bothers you the most.
Stefan is implementing TestLint to encode all kinds of test Smells.
But your input is worth for us. :)
Colin Stefan also wrote OmniTest2 :) that decorate Omni with buttons.

this is important as a community that we continue to develop great
tools :)
So thanks for all your tools. Now that Squeak 3.9 is out (I would
like to see the problem mentioned by john to be fixed)
we can think about making a great Squeak-dev image (but if you want
to do that pay attention that overrides are the enemies!)

Stef

On 14 août 06, at 17:04, Colin Putney wrote:

> On Aug 11, 2006, at 3:18 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Hi !
>>
>> I'm currently doing a project in Squeak which is all about testing
>> ( http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/stefanreichhart/ ).
>
> Stefan, this is awesome. I've been wanting a coverage tool for
> quite a while. Thanks.
>
> My initial impression is that it works great. I'll try to give more
> detail after I've had a chance to use it for real work.
>
> Again, nice work, and thanks.
>
> Colin

Re: [ANN] testing tools ...

Klaus D. Witzel
Hi Stef,

on Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:27:24 +0200, you wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> Stefan is doing a master on test smells and we would really like to know
> what bothers you the most.
> Stefan is implementing TestLint to encode all kinds of test Smells. But
> your input is worth for us. :)

Everything that is checked when a ChangeSet is filed out.

Instance creation without using one of the messages offered in the
'instance-creation' message category.

" self new " and " super new " followed by more than one message (with or
without argument) sent to the new instance.

Sending #isMemberOf: or #isKindOf: or #respondsTo: to non-arguments.

Sending #includesBehavior: or #canUnderstand: to a literal variable (to a
named class).

[something value].

Sending messages of the 'private' message category to non-self's.

/Klaus