[ANN] updated kernel image for 7053/7054

[ANN] updated kernel image for 7053/7054

Pavel Krivanek
Hi all,

there's updated version of the kernel image for Squeak 3.9 7053/7054
with better console support. Self-bootstrapping environment is here:
     http://www.comtalk.net/Squeak/uploads/20/bootstrap7053.zip
The final image is here:
     http://www.comtalk.net/Squeak/uploads/20/kernel7053.zip

Unfortunately I was not able to prepare working Rest of Squeak package
for this version - I'm not able to do the final step - start Morphic
event processing and I don't know why. If someone will want to help me
with that problem, I will publish next information.

-- Pavel

Re: [ANN] updated kernel image for 7053/7054

stéphane ducasse-2
Pavel I did not have time yet to have a look at 7053 but I hope to
get some times for that.

On 21 août 06, at 13:56, Pavel Krivanek wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> there's updated version of the kernel image for Squeak 3.9 7053/7054
> with better console support. Self-bootstrapping environment is here:
>     http://www.comtalk.net/Squeak/uploads/20/bootstrap7053.zip
> The final image is here:
>     http://www.comtalk.net/Squeak/uploads/20/kernel7053.zip
>
> Unfortunately I was not able to prepare working Rest of Squeak package
> for this version - I'm not able to do the final step - start Morphic
> event processing and I don't know why. If someone will want to help me
> with that problem, I will publish next information.
>
> -- Pavel

Re: [ANN] updated kernel image for 7053/7054

Edgar J. De Cleene
Pavel Krivanek puso en su mail :

> Hi all,
>
> there's updated version of the kernel image for Squeak 3.9 7053/7054
> with better console support. Self-bootstrapping environment is here:
>      http://www.comtalk.net/Squeak/uploads/20/bootstrap7053.zip
> The final image is here:
>      http://www.comtalk.net/Squeak/uploads/20/kernel7053.zip
>
> Unfortunately I was not able to prepare working Rest of Squeak package
> for this version - I'm not able to do the final step - start Morphic
> event processing and I don't know why. If someone will want to help me
> with that problem, I will publish next information.
>
> -- Pavel
Congratulations !!!
I testing a idea for real minimal Morph loading on your previous 7045, but
also fail on any different of your Rest of Squeak.
I assume you test if loading the old 7045 Rest of Squeak originated a
working image?.

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: [ANN] updated kernel image for 7053/7054

Pavel Krivanek
Hi Edgar,

> Pavel Krivanek puso en su mail :
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > there's updated version of the kernel image for Squeak 3.9 7053/7054
> > with better console support. Self-bootstrapping environment is here:
> >      http://www.comtalk.net/Squeak/uploads/20/bootstrap7053.zip
> > The final image is here:
> >      http://www.comtalk.net/Squeak/uploads/20/kernel7053.zip
> >
> > Unfortunately I was not able to prepare working Rest of Squeak package
> > for this version - I'm not able to do the final step - start Morphic
> > event processing and I don't know why. If someone will want to help me
> > with that problem, I will publish next information.
> >
> > -- Pavel
> Congratulations !!!
> I testing a idea for real minimal Morph loading on your previous 7045, but
> also fail on any different of your Rest of Squeak.
> I assume you test if loading the old 7045 Rest of Squeak originated a
> working image?.
>
> Edgar

I will take a look at it again.
I have created new source for updated RoS, I used the old
initialization script only. It has really strange behaviour because
I'm for example able to start living MVC project but If click on the
desktop, the menu is opened always in the top left corner of the
screen. Also if I try to open some information dialog in Morphic, it
is correctly displayed in the top left corner but I'm not able to
control the dialog further. The next interesting fact is that the
screen background is responsing on display size change and also user
interrupt is working. So it seems that the problem is maybe somewhere
in the mouse events processing.

-- Pavel

Re: [ANN] updated kernel image for 7053/7054

Edgar J. De Cleene
Pavel Krivanek puso en su mail :

> I will take a look at it again.
> I have created new source for updated RoS, I used the old
> initialization script only. It has really strange behaviour because
> I'm for example able to start living MVC project but If click on the
> desktop, the menu is opened always in the top left corner of the
> screen. Also if I try to open some information dialog in Morphic, it
> is correctly displayed in the top left corner but I'm not able to
> control the dialog further. The next interesting fact is that the
> screen background is responsing on display size change and also user
> interrupt is working. So it seems that the problem is maybe somewhere
> in the mouse events processing.
>
> -- Pavel
Ok.
Tell where I could download your RoS.
I have a couple of my tricks what I wish try on discovering some missed
method maybe.
I start to work on your new and behave better ever !!
Could have a SqueakKernel3.9b-7053.image, what is yours plus network-kernel
fileOut of normal 7054 and fileIn again , plus my RemoteCommand for a both
ways info interchange (normal <===> kernel)
When complete , I send more details.
Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

RV: [ANN] updated kernel image for 7053/7054

Edgar J. De Cleene
Pavel :

I wish (FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: 'ZipConstants.st') fileIn  on kernel ,
but system go nuts.

Any advice ?

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: RV: [ANN] updated kernel image for 7053/7054

Pavel Krivanek
On 8/22/06, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Pavel :
>
> I wish (FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: 'ZipConstants.st') fileIn  on kernel ,
> but system go nuts.
>
> Any advice ?
>
> Edgar

Maybe the file contains definition of some methods of classes that are
not present in the image.

-- Pavel

Re: RV: [ANN] updated kernel image for 7053/7054

Edgar J. De Cleene
Pavel Krivanek puso en su mail :

> Maybe the file contains definition of some methods of classes that are
> not present in the image.
>
> -- Pavel
Was a fileOut of normal 3.9b 7054.

But your clue drive me on apply what DNU goes to 7054 (via TCP debug , what
is working) for see what is missing.

I have this KernelCompression.1.cs produced by choosed clases of normal 3.9
for see if with this I could read .gz on kernel.
Stumped because I can't fileOut and fileIn the ZipConstants.st sharedPool.

See my ladrillos idea what I sending now.
Read later, I must go UTN now.

Very thanks

Edgar

KernelCompression.1.cs.gz (60K) Download Attachment