ARM emulation alternatiaves

1 message Options

ARM emulation alternatiaves

Ben Coman

Following a thread from a post in my feed led me to... Dynarmic - A dynamic recompiler for ARM.

and from there on to... VisUAL -  a highly visual ARM emulator
It seems only to do a subset of instructions, so maybe not practical for working with Cog,
but a few of the features could potentially aid debugging generated code...
* users can navigate program history by browsing past register values. This feature can help debugging and understanding complex code easier.
* Pointers in ARM assembly can be quite difficult to understand, especially since ARM assembly has 9 different variations of pointer behaviour when it comes to load/store instructions. VisUAL provides an information pane that displays useful pointer information when needed.
* Instructions to load/store multiple instructions in the form of a stack can be visualised.

cheers -ben