ASE's with Transparent PNGs

Liz Wendland
Hi,

I have an ASE model which includes a .png with transparency as a
material.  When I use the ASE in my standard way with in my Croquet
space the transparent parts aren't transparent.  In other cases I have
been able to use pngs with transparency successfully, in a TBillboard
for example, but in this case I have many textures, some with
transparency and others not, and I can't figure out how to make it
work.  Either it isn't transparent where it should be, or it is is a
horrid mess. :)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Liz Wendland

Re: ASE's with Transparent PNGs

Liz Wendland
Dear Brad,

Yay!  That totally worked.  Who would have thought I'd get such a
perfect, fast response on a Friday afternoon. :)  How in the world did
you know that?  Can you point me towards any good ASE docs?

For those who care, we are using Maya and its ASE exporter apparently
doesn't create any MAP_NAME lines in the ASE.  But adding
*MAP_NAME "$a"
to the textures with transparency fixed the problem.

Thanks again Brad,

Liz Wendland