ASIO sound support.

Greg Trasuk-2
Hi all:

        Has there been any recent work on ASIO sound card support under
Squeak?  On Google I found a few comments (from 2001-ish) saying things
like "I think we need ASIO" but no indications of anyone actually doing
it.  I've downloaded the Steinberg ASIO SDK and thought I might play
with creating a plugin, but if there's existing work I'd rather use or
build on it.

Cheers,

Greg.

Re: ASIO sound support.

Kyle Hamilton
I'm not aware of any, but I do know that there's a driver for all
machines, not merely ones that have ASIO-capable soundcards, called
ASIO4ALL.

This should help with development distribution some.

-Kyle H

On 11/5/06, Greg Trasuk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all:
>
>         Has there been any recent work on ASIO sound card support under
> Squeak?  On Google I found a few comments (from 2001-ish) saying things
> like "I think we need ASIO" but no indications of anyone actually doing
> it.  I've downloaded the Steinberg ASIO SDK and thought I might play
> with creating a plugin, but if there's existing work I'd rather use or
> build on it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Greg.

-Kyle H