AW: Re: Leaving SqueakFoundation board

Frank Urbach
Hi Stef,

At the start of the beginner list I didn't see the needing of this. It was the right thing you pushed with the right force. I've learned many things from the postings there.
All people at this list knows you as an hard worker for squeak.
Is the success of the beginner list not enough for you?? I think many people thank you silent for your work.

Cheers
Frank
>PS:  If you look at the success of the >beginner mailing-list. Nobody
>ever told me
>that this was good that I pushed it but I had >to argue argue that
>this was needed.
>And now it is a really cool place to be.

Re: AW: Re: Leaving SqueakFoundation board

stéphane ducasse-2

On 17 août 06, at 19:06, Frank Urbach wrote:

> Hi Stef,
>
> At the start of the beginner list I didn't see the needing of this.
> It was the right thing you pushed with the right force. I've
> learned many things from the postings there.
> All people at this list knows you as an hard worker for squeak.
> Is the success of the beginner list not enough for you??

sure it is! This is not what I wanted to say (I meant internally =
the opponent of the mailing-list)

I was just saying that doing always imply a certain amount of risk
and sometimes taking the risk
is cheaper than deeply evaluating it. Of course that in respect to
the overall gain.

> I think many people thank you silent for your work.
sure I know this was not my point but this is difficult to express it
by email. :)
Sorry english is sometimes painful for me and for my readers :)

Stef