AW: Re: [Newbies] Squeak : 4.5 : MVC environment : still broken ...

1 message Options

AW: Re: [Newbies] Squeak : 4.5 : MVC environment : still broken ...

Herbert König
Hi,

David is right. In Windows Alt is the key.

In my somewhat modified stock 4.5 on Cog and Windows XP.

Cheers
Herbert (phone)

Von: "David T. Lewis"
Datum:21.10.2014 14:21 (GMT+01:00)
An: [hidden email],"A friendly place to get answers to even the most basic questions about Squeak."
Betreff: Re: [Newbies] Squeak : 4.5 : MVC environment : still broken ...

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 12:11:14PM +0530, Mayuresh Kathe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I finally got myself a Windows 7 license so that I could get around to
> running the latest and greatest Squeak.
>
> I just tried out the MVC environment with the browser, workspace and
> transcript open, and simply issuing the following;
> Transcript show: 'Hello, World!'.
> and hit Ctrl+D. Got no result.
>
> Even issuing "Transcript clear." has no effect on clearing the messages
> generated by "Save image" operation (while exiting).
>
> Anything I could do to help anyone make MVC functional again?

Hi Mayuresh,

It may be that the control keys are mapped differently on the Windows VM.
I think there is an INI file to control this on Windows, but first try
doing alt+D instead of Ctrl+D and see if that works.

The example you gave above works for me in MVC, but I'm running on Linux,
so that's why I suspect that it may be just key mapping.

Dave