Abbreviations package.

Alexander Batalshikov
Hello,

I create small package for support code abbreviations. This is analog of VW package "Coding Feel".

It is useful for me. Please try.

By default no any key bindings and menu items.
To assign action to hot key (Alt+space) do:
   SmalltalkEditor cmdActions at: 32 + 1 put: #expandWord:.

To manage current abbreviations set do:
    SmalltalkEditor abbreviationsDict inspect.

Attached versions for Squeak 4.1 and Cuis 2.6.

Regards,
    Alexander Batalshikov.

Abbreviations-abbat.2.mcz (2K) Download Attachment
Abbreviations.2.cs (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Abbreviations package.

Hannes Hirzel
Hello Alexander,

Thank you for your contribution.
On 8/30/10, Alexandr Batalshikov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I create small package for support code abbreviations. This is analog of VW
> package "Coding Feel".

I do not know the package "Coding Feel".

Could you explain a bit more what your 'Abbreviations package' does, please?
Is it about keyboard shortcuts for often used expressions?

> It is useful for me. Please try.
>
> By default no any key bindings and menu items.
> To assign action to hot key (Alt+space) do:
>    SmalltalkEditor cmdActions at: 32 + 1 put: #expandWord:.
>
> To manage current abbreviations set do:
>     SmalltalkEditor abbreviationsDict inspect.
>
> Attached versions for Squeak 4.1 and Cuis 2.6.
>

> Regards,
>     Alexander Batalshikov.

Regards
Hannes Hirzel

Re: Abbreviations package.

Alexander Batalshikov

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Hannes Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
I do not know the package "Coding Feel".

Could you explain a bit more what your 'Abbreviations package' does, please?
Is it about keyboard shortcuts for often used expressions?

Yes. When you press hotkey, word on the left of cursor will be replaced with conform string.
For example, "ps" will be replaced by "printString".
If pattern on the left of cursor is unknown, dialog request for conform string will be raised.

Regards
    Alexander Batalshikov

Re: Abbreviations package.

Juan Vuletich-4
Alexandr Batalshikov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I create small package for support code abbreviations. This is analog
> of VW package "Coding Feel".
>
> It is useful for me. Please try.
>
> By default no any key bindings and menu items.
> To assign action to hot key (Alt+space) do:
>    SmalltalkEditor cmdActions at: 32 + 1 put: #expandWord:.
>
> To manage current abbreviations set do:
>     SmalltalkEditor abbreviationsDict inspect.
>
> Attached versions for Squeak 4.1 and Cuis 2.6.
>

> Regards,
>     Alexander Batalshikov.

Cool! Thanks for caring about Cuis!

Cheers,