About ScriptManager

Hannes Hirzel
ScriptManager is a small workspace like tool to keep scripts.

SqueakMap entry
http://map.squeak.org/package/130c270b-f569-4b7e-941a-3cfcc45cddfe

Versions from Squeak 3.0 up to Squeak 3.9

Torsten Bergmann copied it to  SqueakSource in May 2010 and is
maintaining it for Pharo.

Admin: Torsten Bergmann, Stéphane Ducasse
Developer: Torsten Bergmann, Mariano Martínez Peck

Global Read/Write, so anybody interested may put a SqueakVersion there.....

--Hannes

Re: About ScriptManager

Hannes Hirzel
P.S. The SqueakMap entry says

The Script Manager offers a way to organize workspaces. It allows you to
define "folders" in which you can store your scripts/workspaces. The folder
menu provides options to import and export whole collections of scripts to
a file. The script menu offers options to "tear off" a script into a workspace,
"bring in" workspaces, and to dump and load individual scripts to
files. Works fine in every Squeak version I've used since 2.8. No
known bugs.

and it is labeled as 'rock-solid'.

The last entry though is for Squeak 3.9alpha

So a test and an update is needed for 4.4

--HH

On 12/21/12, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ScriptManager is a small workspace like tool to keep scripts.
>
> SqueakMap entry
> http://map.squeak.org/package/130c270b-f569-4b7e-941a-3cfcc45cddfe
>
> Versions from Squeak 3.0 up to Squeak 3.9
>
> Torsten Bergmann copied it to  SqueakSource in May 2010 and is
> maintaining it for Pharo.
>
> Admin: Torsten Bergmann, Stéphane Ducasse
> Developer: Torsten Bergmann, Mariano Martínez Peck
>
> Global Read/Write, so anybody interested may put a SqueakVersion there.....
>
> --Hannes

Re: About ScriptManager

Hannes Hirzel
I just downloaded ftp://ftp.squeak.org/3.8/win/ (2006)  and loaded
ScriptManager. It loads fine from SqueakMap. It is only one class
bringing up a three-pane browser.

--Hannes

On 12/21/12, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> P.S. The SqueakMap entry says
>
> The Script Manager offers a way to organize workspaces. It allows you to
> define "folders" in which you can store your scripts/workspaces. The folder
> menu provides options to import and export whole collections of scripts to
> a file. The script menu offers options to "tear off" a script into a
> workspace,
> "bring in" workspaces, and to dump and load individual scripts to
> files. Works fine in every Squeak version I've used since 2.8. No
> known bugs.
>
> and it is labeled as 'rock-solid'.
>

> The last entry though is for Squeak 3.9alpha
>
> So a test and an update is needed for 4.4
>
> --HH
>
> On 12/21/12, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> ScriptManager is a small workspace like tool to keep scripts.
>>
>> SqueakMap entry
>> http://map.squeak.org/package/130c270b-f569-4b7e-941a-3cfcc45cddfe
>>
>> Versions from Squeak 3.0 up to Squeak 3.9
>>
>> Torsten Bergmann copied it to  SqueakSource in May 2010 and is
>> maintaining it for Pharo.
>>
>> Admin: Torsten Bergmann, Stéphane Ducasse
>> Developer: Torsten Bergmann, Mariano Martínez Peck
>>
>> Global Read/Write, so anybody interested may put a SqueakVersion
>> there.....
>>
>> --Hannes

Re: About ScriptManager

Benoit St-Jean
It loads fine but whenever you try using it, it bombs (especially when right clicking in the script pane)

-----------------
Benoit St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.
(Albert Einstein)

I just downloaded ftp://ftp.squeak.org/3.8/win/ (2006)  and loaded
ScriptManager. It loads fine from SqueakMap. It is only one class
bringing up a three-pane browser.

--Hannes

On 12/21/12, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> P.S. The SqueakMap entry says
>
> The Script Manager offers a way to organize workspaces. It allows you to
> define "folders" in which you can store your scripts/workspaces. The folder
> menu provides options to import and export whole collections of scripts to
> a file. The script menu offers options to "tear off" a script into a
> workspace,
> "bring in" workspaces, and to dump and load individual scripts to
> files. Works fine in every Squeak version I've used since 2.8. No
> known bugs.
>
> and it is labeled as 'rock-solid'.
>

> The last entry though is for Squeak 3.9alpha
>
> So a test and an update is needed for 4.4
>
> --HH
>
> On 12/21/12, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> ScriptManager is a small workspace like tool to keep scripts.
>>
>> SqueakMap entry
>> http://map.squeak.org/package/130c270b-f569-4b7e-941a-3cfcc45cddfe
>>
>> Versions from Squeak 3.0 up to Squeak 3.9
>>
>> Torsten Bergmann copied it to  SqueakSource in May 2010 and is
>> maintaining it for Pharo.
>>
>> Admin:    Torsten Bergmann, Stéphane Ducasse
>> Developer:    Torsten Bergmann, Mariano Martínez Peck
>>
>> Global Read/Write, so anybody interested may put a SqueakVersion
>> there.....
>>
>> --Hannes

Re: About ScriptManager

Hannes Hirzel
The ScriptManager code for version for 3.8 of Squeak loads indeed fine
in Squeak 4.4.

I first create a folder, then a script and then add the script code.

see attachment.

Benoit,
Could you please specify how you arrive at the walkback? Probably a
bug which is easy to fix.

--Hannes

On 12/21/12, Benoit St-Jean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It loads fine but whenever you try using it, it bombs (especially when right
> clicking in the script pane)

> Benoit St-Jean
> Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
> A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.
> (Albert Einstein)

ScriptManagerVersionFor3.8In4.4.gif (89K) Download Attachment