About VM3.8.12beta5U

Stéphane Ducasse-3
I would like to know if some of you got their mac really hot
(powerbook g4) when running Squeak 3.9 final + VM3.8.12beta5U

Tx

Re: About VM3.8.12beta5U

johnmci
Well Sophie sitting running on my Powerbook 17inch takes 5.7% of the
CPU to do not much, mostly polling for UI events.

Of that 45% is spent swirling about in the interpreter loop.

16% in lookupMethodInClass
10% in flushing screen updates to the quartz
6% in incremental GC and allocateHeaderSize.
1% in method addNewMethodToCache

However if you are running Squeak flat out, why it cheerfully will
want *all* the CPU cycles and if you are doing screen updating
the carbon squeak app is setup to flush bytes to the screen via
quartz quite fast so it will heat up any GPU you have too.

On 12-Sep-06, at 1:13 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> I would like to know if some of you got their mac really hot
> (powerbook g4) when running Squeak 3.9 final + VM3.8.12beta5U
>
> Tx

===
John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>
===

Re: About VM3.8.12beta5U

stephane ducasse-2
Ok apparently this was VW the problem when connected to store in 7.4.1