About embedded morph vertical alignment

Nicolas Cellier
Embedded morphs in text are currently aligned on line top.
If you put many of different height on the same line, it's ugly.
Shouldn't they rather be aligned with bottom on baseline?

Images intégrées 3Images intégrées 4

Also what is the purpose of textAnchor -> Paragraph?
If you switch from inline -> Paragraph, the morph disappear because there is a mess with local versus global coordinates (visibly, #changeParagraphAnchor was written only for Document -> Paragraph conversion in mind).
I have a fix, but I'd like to understand better the concept.

Re: About embedded morph vertical alignment

timrowledge

On 13-10-2013, at 2:38 PM, Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Embedded morphs in text are currently aligned on line top.
> If you put many of different height on the same line, it's ugly.
> Shouldn't they rather be aligned with bottom on baseline?

If it's plausible there really ought to be a style option for each embedded morph - align top to line-top, align bottom to baseline, align middle to line middle, etc. Come to think of it, I thought that such options were already there. GeeBook, or BookPage, or some class like that?

tim
Strange OpCodes: IOP: Insult OPerator

Re: About embedded morph vertical alignment

Stéphane Rollandin
> Embedded morphs in text are currently aligned on line top.
> If you put many of different height on the same line, it's ugly.
> Shouldn't they rather be aligned with bottom on baseline?

Yes, by default, but IMO it would be good to have an inst var in
TextAnchor allowing to define that behavior. We might want to align
morphs on their center for example. I could use this.

Re: About embedded morph vertical alignment

Karl Ramberg

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Stéphane Rollandin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Embedded morphs in text are currently aligned on line top.
If you put many of different height on the same line, it's ugly.
Shouldn't they rather be aligned with bottom on baseline?

Yes, by default, but IMO it would be good to have an inst var in TextAnchor allowing to define that behavior. We might want to align morphs on their center for example. I could use this.

Stef

Bottom by default IMO.

I have also noticed that the 'avoid occlusion' menu choice seem to not work.

Great work you are doing :-)

Karl

Re: About embedded morph vertical alignment

Hannes Hirzel
On 10/14/13, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Stéphane Rollandin
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>>  Embedded morphs in text are currently aligned on line top.
>>> If you put many of different height on the same line, it's ugly.
>>> Shouldn't they rather be aligned with bottom on baseline?
>>>

>> Yes, by default, but IMO it would be good to have an inst var in
>> TextAnchor allowing to define that behavior. We might want to align
>> morphs
>> on their center for example. I could use this.
>>
>> Stef
>>

>> Bottom by default IMO.
+1

> I have also noticed that the 'avoid occlusion' menu choice seem to not
> work.
>
> Great work you are doing :-)

+1