Accented characters

Damien Cassou-3
>> WAKom stop.
>> WAKomEncoded  startOn: 8080.
>>

>> And then I entered a simple 'ö' in the text input within firefox in
>> which utf-8 is selected.
>>
>> This is the result of clicking the 'Ok' button:
>>
>> "
>>    Internal Server Error
>>    Error: Invalid utf8 input detected
>> "
>
> You're right it's broken. I was not aware of this Also external: utf-8
> internal: utf-8 doesn't work in 3.9 although it does in 3.7.
>
>> My image is 3.9b-7044 and I use Seaside2.6b1-dc.62
>>
>> Any advice ?
>
> Switch to an older Squeak (3.8 or 3.7) or fix it yourself. Sorry if
> this sounds harsh but these are the two most likely ways to get it
> working.

My little experiment on Squeak3.9b-7044 using WAKom without any conversion:

- seaside input method works correctly and the model get the right value
(at least, if I inspect it in squeak I get the right accented character)
- during the answering, the WAResponse contained the valid accented
character printable within Squeak debugger
- the only problem is in html source code I can read in my web browser.
There is a '?' instead of the letter.

What is the encoding used by Squeak3.9b-7044 ? It seems to be UTF-8
because WAKom does not convert anything if I understand correctely.

Can somebody help me and make accented characters work on Seaside ?

Re: Accented characters

Philippe Marschall
2006/7/24, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]>:

> >> WAKom stop.
> >> WAKomEncoded  startOn: 8080.
> >>

> >> And then I entered a simple 'ö' in the text input within firefox in
> >> which utf-8 is selected.
> >>
> >> This is the result of clicking the 'Ok' button:
> >>
> >> "
> >>    Internal Server Error
> >>    Error: Invalid utf8 input detected
> >> "
> >
> > You're right it's broken. I was not aware of this Also external: utf-8
> > internal: utf-8 doesn't work in 3.9 although it does in 3.7.
> >
> >> My image is 3.9b-7044 and I use Seaside2.6b1-dc.62
> >>
> >> Any advice ?
> >
> > Switch to an older Squeak (3.8 or 3.7) or fix it yourself. Sorry if
> > this sounds harsh but these are the two most likely ways to get it
> > working.
>

> My little experiment on Squeak3.9b-7044 using WAKom without any conversion:
>
> - seaside input method works correctly and the model get the right value
> (at least, if I inspect it in squeak I get the right accented character)

That should not be. It should be a character that uses two bytes and
thus not print correctly in Squeak.

> - during the answering, the WAResponse contained the valid accented
> character printable within Squeak debugger

That should not be. It should be a character that uses two bytes and
thus not print correctly in Squeak.

> How is it possible that nobody cares about accented characters within
> Seaside ?

That's Squeak. If you want it fixed, fix it yourself and make sure the
fix gets included.

Philippe