Accept in Debugger Meltdown in Pharo 5.0

Accept in Debugger Meltdown in Pharo 5.0

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator

Mac spinning beachball of death followed after about a minute by "... quit unexpectedly". Bugforeveryoneorjustme?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Accept in Debugger Meltdown in Pharo 5.0

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I never encountered it, and there was no report about this either.

So, could you describe what you did in more details?

Cheers,
Doru

> On Jul 26, 2016, at 7:00 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4908072/Screenshot_2016-07-26_13.png>
>
> Mac spinning beachball of death followed after about a minute by "... quit
> unexpectedly". Bugforeveryoneorjustme?
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

Re: Accept in Debugger Meltdown in Pharo 5.0

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
So, could you describe what you did in more details?
What details would help?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Accept in Debugger Meltdown in Pharo 5.0

stepharo
I know that christophe and me got it too.

Stef

Le 26/7/16 à 19:00, Sean P. DeNigris a écrit :

> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4908072/Screenshot_2016-07-26_13.png>
>
> Mac spinning beachball of death followed after about a minute by "... quit
> unexpectedly". Bugforeveryoneorjustme?
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: Accept in Debugger Meltdown in Pharo 5.0

Nicolai Hess-3-2

Tudor Girba-2 wrote
> So, could you describe what you did in more details?

What details would help?

- the image version
- the code you debugged and changed (if public)
- as acccepting code can trigger a lot of system action, it may be useful to report, if there were aother applications open (Senders/Implementors or System Browser).
- and maybe the PharoDebug.log has some usefull information.

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Accept in Debugger Meltdown in Pharo 5.0

Tudor Girba-2

> On Jul 27, 2016, at 8:57 AM, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tudor Girba-2 wrote
> > So, could you describe what you did in more details?
>
> What details would help?
>

> - the image version
> - the code you debugged and changed (if public)
> - as acccepting code can trigger a lot of system action, it may be useful to report, if there were aother applications open (Senders/Implementors or System Browser).
> - and maybe the PharoDebug.log has some usefull information.

+1

Also, is this an isolated case, or did it occurred several times? (this might give us an indication of where to look)

Cheers,
Doru

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"One cannot do more than one can do."

Re: Accept in Debugger Meltdown in Pharo 5.0

Tudor Girba-2
That is not good. Did it happen repeatedly, or only once? Do you remember the situation?

Cheers,
Doru

> On Jul 27, 2016, at 8:49 AM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I know that christophe and me got it too.
>
> Stef
>

> Le 26/7/16 à 19:00, Sean P. DeNigris a écrit :
>> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4908072/Screenshot_2016-07-26_13.png>
>>
>> Mac spinning beachball of death followed after about a minute by "... quit
>> unexpectedly". Bugforeveryoneorjustme?
>>

>> -----
>> Cheers,
>> Sean
>> --

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Presenting is storytelling."

Re: Accept in Debugger Meltdown in Pharo 5.0

Dale Henrichs-3
Doru,

I think my "empty debugger problem"[1] is related ... of course I
haven't seen the problem again and after trashing 3 or 4 rebuilds, I was
able to code my way out of the problem and haven't seen it since ....

Dale

[1] http://forum.world.st/Empty-debugger-Pharo-5-0-td4907374.html

On 7/27/16 1:20 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> That is not good. Did it happen repeatedly, or only once? Do you remember the situation?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>> On Jul 27, 2016, at 8:49 AM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I know that christophe and me got it too.
>>
>> Stef
>>

>> Le 26/7/16 à 19:00, Sean P. DeNigris a écrit :
>>> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4908072/Screenshot_2016-07-26_13.png>
>>>
>>> Mac spinning beachball of death followed after about a minute by "... quit
>>> unexpectedly". Bugforeveryoneorjustme?
>>>

>>> -----
>>> Cheers,
>>> Sean
>>> --

> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Presenting is storytelling."

Re: Accept in Debugger Meltdown in Pharo 5.0

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
So, could you describe what you did in more details?
I think it had to do with the combination of [messing with Magritte internals] + [Magritte GT integration]. I'll keep you posted if I find out more.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Accept in Debugger Meltdown in Pharo 5.0

Tudor Girba-2
Thanks. It is important.

Doru

> On Jul 28, 2016, at 4:07 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Tudor Girba-2 wrote
>> So, could you describe what you did in more details?
>
> I think it had to do with the combination of [messing with Magritte
> internals] + [Magritte GT integration]. I'll keep you posted if I find out
> more.
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"If you can't say why something is relevant,
it probably isn't."

Re: Accept in Debugger Meltdown in Pharo 5.0

Tudor Girba-2
Interesting read. I think it is not related, but a relevant issue anyway.

Thanks for reposting the report.

Doru