Acces fum structure from an external plugin

Acces fum structure from an external plugin

Luca Bruno aka Lethalman
Hello,
is there a way to access the fum structure into interp.c from an external
plugin?

Best regards,

www.lethalman.net - Thoughts about internet technologies

Re: Acces fum structure from an external plugin

timrowledge

On 21-Aug-06, at 5:12 PM, Bruno Luca wrote:

> Hello,
> is there a way to access the fum structure into interp.c from an
> external plugin?
Not at the moment. Why do you feel the need to have it? Remember - it
doesn't contain *all* the variables you might think are globals. And
it isn't guaranteed to exist anyway even though the major platforms
use it.

tim
Useful random insult:- Ought to have a warning label on his forehead.

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 02:29:54 +0200, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 21-Aug-06, at 5:12 PM, Bruno Luca wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> is there a way to access the fum structure into interp.c from an
>> external plugin?
> Not at the moment. Why do you feel the need to have it? Remember - it
> doesn't contain *all* the variables you might think are globals. And it
> isn't guaranteed to exist anyway even though the major platforms use it.
>
> tim
> Useful random insult:- Ought to have a warning label on his forehead.

There is the callbacks patch by Andreas Raab which i need for SqueakGtk.
Functions such as callbackEnter() and callbackLeave() are built in the
interpreter. Since they are not part of the official VM i would use it
 from the plugin...
I don't like releasing a package which needs the user to recompile the
entire VM. If i can enhance it into the plugin i could release just a
binary and an mcz.

Best regards,

www.lethalman.net - Thoughts about internet technologies

Re: Acces fum structure from an external plugin

Bert Freudenberg-3
Bruno Luca schrieb:
> There is the callbacks patch by Andreas Raab which i need for SqueakGtk.
> Functions such as callbackEnter() and callbackLeave() are built in the
> interpreter. Since they are not part of the official VM i would use it
> from the plugin...

But they surely are exposed through interpreterProxy? Wouldn't make much
sense otherwise, if they are indeed supposed to be used from plugin code.

- Bert -

Re: Acces fum structure from an external plugin

Luca Bruno aka Lethalman
On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:22:26 +0200, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Bruno Luca schrieb:
>> There is the callbacks patch by Andreas Raab which i need for SqueakGtk.
>> Functions such as callbackEnter() and callbackLeave() are built in the
>> interpreter. Since they are not part of the official VM i would use it
>> from the plugin...
>
> But they surely are exposed through interpreterProxy? Wouldn't make much
> sense otherwise, if they are indeed supposed to be used from plugin code.
>
> - Bert -

Yes they are in interpreterProxy... i know it wouldn't make sense to have
them out of the interpreter but i need them ;) ok no problem... i'll
upload a modified 3.9 VM for squeakgtk.

Best regards,

Bruno Luca schrieb:

> On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:22:26 +0200, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Bruno Luca schrieb:
>>> There is the callbacks patch by Andreas Raab which i need for SqueakGtk.
>>> Functions such as callbackEnter() and callbackLeave() are built in
>>> the interpreter. Since they are not part of the official VM i would
>>> use it from the plugin...
>>
>> But they surely are exposed through interpreterProxy? Wouldn't make
>> much sense otherwise, if they are indeed supposed to be used from
>> plugin code.
>>
>> - Bert -
>>

> Yes they are in interpreterProxy... i know it wouldn't make sense to
> have them out of the interpreter but i need them ;) ok no problem...
> i'll upload a modified 3.9 VM for squeakgtk.

I guess I misunderstood your question, then.

Are the patches going into official 3.9 VMMaker?

- Bert -

Re: Acces fum structure from an external plugin

Luca Bruno aka Lethalman
On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:20:00 +0200, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Bruno Luca schrieb:
>> On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:22:26 +0200, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>>> But they surely are exposed through interpreterProxy? Wouldn't make
>>> much sense otherwise, if they are indeed supposed to be used from
>>> plugin code.
>>>
>>> - Bert -
>>>

>>  Yes they are in interpreterProxy... i know it wouldn't make sense to
>> have them out of the interpreter but i need them ;) ok no problem...
>> i'll upload a modified 3.9 VM for squeakgtk.
>
> I guess I misunderstood your question, then.
>
> Are the patches going into official 3.9 VMMaker?
>
> - Bert -

No they don't as i know, sorry i would say they are in interpreterProxy
when patched

--
www.lethalman.net - Thoughts about internet technologies