Access to wiki.squeak.org : there are problems while using proxy

Access to wiki.squeak.org : there are problems while using proxy

Michael Nedzelsky
Hi,
I am behind a firewall and I get the following for http://wiki.squeak.org
Proxy Error

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /.

Regards,
  Michael Nedzelsky

Re: Access to wiki.squeak.org : there are problems while using proxy

Ken Causey-3
To fix this I'm going to need the help of someone who still sees the
problem.  Can you come by #squeak on irc.freenode.net to work with me
for a bit?  Or maybe someone else that also sees this problem can do so?
I'll hang out there until at least 23:30 UTC today.

Ken

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 00:24 +0300, Michael Nedzelsky wrote:

> Hi,
> I am behind a firewall and I get the following for http://wiki.squeak.org
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Proxy Error
>
> The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
> The proxy server could not handle the request GET /.
>
> Reason: Error reading from remote server
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Regards,
>   Michael Nedzelsky

Re: Access to wiki.squeak.org : there are problems while using proxy

Michael Nedzelsky
Hi Ken.

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:49 am, you wrote:
> To fix this I'm going to need the help of someone who still sees the
> problem.  Can you come by #squeak on irc.freenode.net to work with me
> for a bit?  Or maybe someone else that also sees this problem can do so?
> I'll hang out there until at least 23:30 UTC today.

I see this problem when I try to access wiki.squeak.org from my office. At
home I use direct connection without any problems.
Actually, I want to download the image from the site
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/uploads/5894/

I don't want to download it from home (it is too big). I shall be at office
only on 27 Feb (Tue) approx. from 13:00 UTC till 15:00 UTC.

Regards,
  Michael

Re: Access to wiki.squeak.org : there are problems while using proxy

Ken Causey-3
Well, that's fine.  But what I need is for anyone that can reproduce
this bug, including you to simply coordinate with me so that as you
reproduce it I can see if I can figure out where things are going wrong.
That does not require you to download a large file but simply access any
wiki.squeak.org URL that causes the problem.  In fact, I was assuming
that you could not access anything on the site, are you now saying that
you only run into the problem when you try to download a file like this?

Ken

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:37 pm, Ken Causey wrote:
>  In fact, I was assuming that you could not access anything on the site, are
> you now saying that you only run into the problem when you try to download
> a file like this?
No, I could not access anything on the wiki site via proxy. I get error
message on any URL which starts with http://wiki.squeak.org.

Regards,
 Michael

Re: Access to wiki.squeak.org : there are problems while using proxy

Michael Nedzelsky
It seems I must be more precise.

From office I could not access anything on wiki.squeak.org.
I can reproduce this error only from office (via proxy), and I shall try it on
27 Feb.

Regards,
 Michael

Re: Access to wiki.squeak.org : there are problems while using proxy

Ken Causey-3
Matthew Fulmer made available to me a proxy that exhibited a similar
(although I can't be sure identical problem) and I was able to put a
bandaid over the problem.  I will have to talk to Jochen Rick to come up
with the proper fix.  Give it a try and let me know if it is working for
you again.

Thanks,

Ken

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 02:41 am, Ken Causey wrote:
> Matthew Fulmer made available to me a proxy that exhibited a similar
> (although I can't be sure identical problem) and I was able to put a
> bandaid over the problem.  I will have to talk to Jochen Rick to come up
> with the proper fix.  Give it a try and let me know if it is working for
> you again.

Now It works! Thank for your work!

Michael

Re: Access to wiki.squeak.org : there are problems while using proxy

Ken Causey-3
Thanks for lettting me know.  And I guess I could update everyone that I
have since updated the fix to something that is a little less like a
bandaid and more like a proper fix (iterate through the comma delimited
entries in the header value and take the first one found that
asIpByteArray considers reasonable) and have sent it off to Jochen Rick.

Ken