Accessing MYSQL from Squeak

Chris Cunnington-4
I'm also having trouble finding/loading the main MYSQL package.

Hmm.

Colin started this MySQL driver business. But there’s nothing publicly available from him anymore.
Whatever tantalus was it’s not at his repo now.

Try these.

There’s also this long page of chunk format for a driver. Revolting though this page is, it does have the jdm initials which correspond with the Squeak Wiki page about a MySQL driver I gave you previously.
It’s probably the accompanying driver for that wiki page.

Chris

Re: Accessing MYSQL from Squeak

Squeak - Dev mailing list
As I was telling Louis, I stopped using the "native" driver when the handshake and authentication protocol changed after version 5é7.x.  The was a way, between version 4.1 and 5.7 to trick MySQL by setting the password using OLD_PASSWORD but it was deprecated with 5.7.  Besides, a few datatype constants and flags changed in the protocol with 5.x.

So the easiest to go was to connect through ODBC.

-----------------
Benoît St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
Twitter: @BenLeChialeux
Pinterest: benoitstjean
Instagram: Chef_Benito
IRC: lamneth
Blogue: endormitoire.wordpress.com
"A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero".  (A. Einstein)

On Thursday, November 16, 2017, 3:25:14 PM EST, Chris Cunnington <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm also having trouble finding/loading the main MYSQL package.

Hmm.

Colin started this MySQL driver business. But there’s nothing publicly available from him anymore.
Whatever tantalus was it’s not at his repo now.

Try these.

There’s also this long page of chunk format for a driver. Revolting though this page is, it does have the jdm initials which correspond with the Squeak Wiki page about a MySQL driver I gave you previously.
It’s probably the accompanying driver for that wiki page.

Chris

Re: Accessing MYSQL from Squeak

Squeak - Dev mailing list
Assuming that for some reason you cannot access the SqueakSource repository, just load the package via Monticello with this:

MCHttpRepository
location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MySQL'
user: ''
password: ''

-----------------
[...]

You will also need to implement this method in Integer (in latest Squeak version it was removed):

asByteArray

    | stream |
    stream := ByteArray new writeStream.
    self digitLength to: 1 by: -1 do: [:digitIndex |
        stream nextPut: (self digitAt: digitIndex)].
    ^ stream contents

I'm able to run most test here.  Some changes were done in the flasg to indicate ZEROFILL columns.  As long as you do not use that crap, everything should be fine! (All failing tests use that stupid "feature").  But it should not be that hard to fix if you absolutely need that : as I said, the was a change in some protocol flags and column description constants so it's probably where the problem lies.

Beside, it it possible that your Squeak version doesn't have an ExternalStructure flag.  No worry.  You just won't have to run the code snippet I indicated to initialize that stuff.

[...]

Louis LaBrunda
The asByteArray code was included with the Monticello package.

Lou
--
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.