Acquiring installed version from Monticello

Acquiring installed version from Monticello

NorbertHartl
Hi,

I'm trying to find out which version of a package is installed.
If I open Monticello the installed version is underlined so
I guess this information is stored somewhere :)

thanks,

Norbert

Re: Acquiring installed version from Monticello

Noury Bouraqadi
Le 2 mai 07 à 17:47, Norbert Hartl a écrit :

> I'm trying to find out which version of a package is installed.
> If I open Monticello the installed version is underlined so
> I guess this information is stored somewhere :)

If you open **Monticello Browser**, next the package name, you have
the version ID.

Noury
Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
Responsable de l'option I.S.I.C.
ARMINES - Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. I.A.
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 17:57 +0200, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
> Le 2 mai 07 à 17:47, Norbert Hartl a écrit :
>
> > I'm trying to find out which version of a package is installed.
> > If I open Monticello the installed version is underlined so
> > I guess this information is stored somewhere :)
>
> If you open **Monticello Browser**, next the package name, you have
> the version ID.

Sorry, I was unclear. I want to obtain to version without opening
the browser. I like to display to installed version in my application.

Norbert

RE: Acquiring installed version from Monticello

Ramon Leon-5
> On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 17:57 +0200, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
> > Le 2 mai 07 à 17:47, Norbert Hartl a écrit :
> >
> > > I'm trying to find out which version of a package is installed.
> > > If I open Monticello the installed version is underlined
> so I guess
> > > this information is stored somewhere :)
> >
> > If you open **Monticello Browser**, next the package name, you have
> > the version ID.
> >
> Sorry, I was unclear. I want to obtain to version without
> opening the browser. I like to display to installed version
> in my application.
>
> Norbert

Here's what I do...

(MCPackage named: 'MyPackageName') workingCopy ancestry ancestors first name

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 09:10 -0700, Ramon Leon wrote:

> > so I guess
> > >
> > > If you open **Monticello Browser**, next the package name, you have
> > > the version ID.
> > >
> > Sorry, I was unclear. I want to obtain to version without
> > opening the browser. I like to display to installed version
> > in my application.
> >
> > Norbert
>
> Here's what I do...
>
> (MCPackage named: 'MyPackageName') workingCopy ancestry ancestors first name

thanks.

Norbert