Add menu item to Nautilus context menu on selected packages?

Add menu item to Nautilus context menu on selected packages?

MartinW
Hi,
i have a tool that works on packages.
So far i added a wizard to the world menu, but i would rather add a menu item to the Nautilus context menu on selected packages - is this possible?

Best regards,
Martin.

Re: Add menu item to Nautilus context menu on selected packages?

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
It is :)
And I would even say it is not complicated :P

Here is an example from Nautilus

AbstractNautilusUI class>>packagesMenu: aBuilder
<contextMenu>
<nautilusGlobalPackageMenu>
| package target |
target := aBuilder model.

(package := target selectedPackage) ifNil: [ ^ target ].
(aBuilder item: #'Browse scoped')
keyText: 'b, s' if: Nautilus useOldStyleKeys not;
action: [ target restrictedBrowsePackage ];
order: 1000;
help: 'Open a browser on a restricted view';
withSeparatorAfter.

:)

Ben

On 12 Nov 2013, at 15:41, MartinW <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
i have a tool that works on packages.
So far i added a wizard to the world menu, but i would rather add a menu
item to the Nautilus context menu on selected packages - is this possible?

Best regards,
Martin.

Re: Add menu item to Nautilus context menu on selected packages?

MartinW
Quite easy indeed. Thank you.
Is there any system behing the ordering of menu entries?

Martin.

Benjamin Van Ryseghem-2 wrote
It is :)
And I would even say it is not complicated :P

> So far i added a wizard to the world menu, but i would rather add a menu
> item to the Nautilus context menu on selected packages - is this possible?

Re: Add menu item to Nautilus context menu on selected packages?

MartinW
I have one follow-up question trying to understand how this works:
I see that <nautilusXXXMenu> is used in AbstractNautilusUI to build the menus — but why is <contextMenu> here? Also the code seems to work all the same without <contextMenu>?

                withSeparatorAfter.

Re: Add menu item to Nautilus context menu on selected packages?

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
No idea …

I do not added it, so I can not tell

Ben