Add the "do" menu to world main docking bar

Add the "do" menu to world main docking bar

marcel.taeumel
Hi, there.

We have a convenient mini-script-shortcut feature: the "do..." menu, accessible via the world menu. Very easy to modify.

What about adding it to the docking bar?

Here is a change set that does that: do-menu.cs

You need to rebuild the menus after that. ("Extras" -> "Rebuild menus").

Best,
Marcel

Re: Add the "do" menu to world main docking bar

Eliot Miranda-2

> On May 14, 2016, at 12:18 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi, there.
>
> We have a convenient mini-script-shortcut feature: the "do..." menu,
> accessible via the world menu. Very easy to modify.
>
> What about adding it to the docking bar?
>
> Here is a change set that does that:  do-menu.cs
> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4894792/do-menu.cs>
>
> You need to rebuild the menus after that. ("Extras" -> "Rebuild menus").

+1.  If we accept this, Marcel, would it be possible to add a drag and drop action to drag a text selection into the do menu to add to it?  Or do you think that "edit this menu" is good enough?

> Best,
> Marcel

Re: Add the "do" menu to world main docking bar

marcel.taeumel
Hi Eliot,

I don't think that menu morphs are good in accepting drops at the moment. One would have to think about it and add that feature first.

Best,
Marcel

Re: Add the "do" menu to world main docking bar

marcel.taeumel
Eliot Miranda-2 wrote
> On May 14, 2016, at 12:18 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi, there.
>
> We have a convenient mini-script-shortcut feature: the "do..." menu,
> accessible via the world menu. Very easy to modify.
>
> What about adding it to the docking bar?
>
> Here is a change set that does that:  do-menu.cs
> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4894792/do-menu.cs>
>
> You need to rebuild the menus after that. ("Extras" -> "Rebuild menus").

+1.  If we accept this, Marcel, would it be possible to add a drag and drop action to drag a text selection into the do menu to add to it?  Or do you think that "edit this menu" is good enough?

> Best,
> Marcel

Hey Eliot,

instead of Drag&Drop, which is challenging to impement at the moment, what about a simple "add from clipboard" entry?

Best,
Marcel

Re: Add the "do" menu to world main docking bar

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Marcel,

> On May 29, 2016, at 2:58 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Eliot Miranda-2 wrote
>>> On May 14, 2016, at 12:18 AM, marcel.taeumel &lt;
>
>> Marcel.Taeumel@
>
>> &gt; wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, there.
>>>
>>> We have a convenient mini-script-shortcut feature: the "do..." menu,
>>> accessible via the world menu. Very easy to modify.
>>>
>>> What about adding it to the docking bar?
>>>
>>> Here is a change set that does that:  do-menu.cs
>>> &lt;http://forum.world.st/file/n4894792/do-menu.cs&gt;
>>>
>>> You need to rebuild the menus after that. ("Extras" -> "Rebuild menus").
>>
>> +1.  If we accept this, Marcel, would it be possible to add a drag and
>> drop action to drag a text selection into the do menu to add to it?  Or do
>> you think that "edit this menu" is good enough?

Keep the "edit this menu"; it's fine until we can do dragndrop.  But "do" on the menu bar is IMO a must have :-)