Adding a new font in System like DejaVu fonts

Adding a new font in System like DejaVu fonts

gerard alis
Now I know is possible add a new font, for use cross platform like DejaVu. I know Juan Vuletich did that but I don´t know found the place of that is explained. Is heard do that? takes very space of image when the font is added?

Many thanks for answers.

Re: Adding a new font in System like DejaVu fonts

Henrik Sperre Johansen

On Oct 10, 2010, at 12:49 40PM, nullPointer wrote:

Now I know is possible add a new font, for use cross platform like DejaVu. I
know Juan Vuletich did that but I don´t know found the place of that is
explained. Is heard do that?

Whuups, might've sent you in a wild goose chase, sorry :/

Was thinking of http://forum.world.st/DemoMode-should-not-change-Fonts-only-sizes-td2538706.html#a2552491 , which I interpreted as linking to a description of how he builds the font source.
Clearly that only includes the end result ready for import.

Anyways, as can be seen from the AAFonts.zip, you basically need a bmp with the font glyphs, as well as a text file containing offsets for each character.
You could achieve that through printscreen and manual creation of offsets txt, or using a more automated tool similar to f.ex.

CC'ing Juan in case he has time to comment on what his process is specifically.

takes very space of image when the font is
added?

About as much space as the bmp's, ie depends on what sizes you want to include.

Cheers,
Henry

Re: Adding a new font in System like DejaVu fonts

Juan Vuletich-4
Henrik Johansen wrote:

> On Oct 10, 2010, at 12:49 40PM, nullPointer wrote:
>

>> Now I know is possible add a new font, for use cross platform like
>> DejaVu. I
>> know Juan Vuletich did that but I don´t know found the place of that is
>> explained. Is heard do that?
>
> Whuups, might've sent you in a wild goose chase, sorry :/
>
> Was thinking
> of http://forum.world.st/DemoMode-should-not-change-Fonts-only-sizes-td2538706.html#a2552491 ,
> which I interpreted as linking to a description of how he builds the
> font source.
> Clearly that only includes the end result ready for import.
>
> Anyways, as can be seen from the AAFonts.zip, you basically need a bmp
> with the font glyphs, as well as a text file containing offsets for
> each character.
> You could achieve that through printscreen and manual creation of
> offsets txt, or using a more automated tool similar to f.ex.
> http://www.angelcode.com/products/bmfont/ .
>
> CC'ing Juan in case he has time to comment on what his process is
> specifically.

I just used a few Smalltalk scripts that find glyph boundaries using the
various pixel tally methods.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich