Adding actions to OmniBrowser menu

cnantais
What is the simplest way to add an action to the menu for the classes
column in OmniBrowser?

Thanks,
Chad

Re: Adding actions to OmniBrowser menu

Colin Putney

On Oct 4, 2006, at 10:21 AM, Chad Nantais wrote:

> What is the simplest way to add an action to the menu for the classes
> column in OmniBrowser?

There isn't a simple way at the moment. You'd have to modify
OBClassNode>>actions to make it include your new action in the array.
This isn't that hard, but it means you have to use a fork of OB, or
get your action added to the mainline version.

I'm working on fixing this problem; the next version of OB will have
a much more extensible, services-like architecture.

Colin

Re: Adding actions to OmniBrowser menu

stephane ducasse-2
do you imply based on services :) ?
Because it would be nice if we could remove abstractions that are
duplicated.
stef

On Oct 4, 2006, at 11:01 AM, stephane ducasse wrote:

> do you imply based on services :) ?
> Because it would be nice if we could remove abstractions that are
> duplicated.

No, not based on the services used in 3.9. I tried doing that, but I
found that I couldn't implement services that would work properly
regardless of the metagraph used by the browser. Then I tried
extending services, but the complexity got out of hand pretty
quickly. So I ended up creating a simple OmniBrowser-specific version
of services, which will be much easier to deal with. I'm now
converting the existing actions into OB services.

Colin

On 4 oct. 06, at 20:45, Colin Putney wrote:

> On Oct 4, 2006, at 11:01 AM, stephane ducasse wrote:
>
>> do you imply based on services :) ?
>> Because it would be nice if we could remove abstractions that are
>> duplicated.
>
> No, not based on the services used in 3.9. I tried doing that, but
> I found that I couldn't implement services that would work properly
> regardless of the metagraph used by the browser. Then I tried
> extending services, but the complexity got out of hand pretty quickly.

so may be services could then be improved. I mean having two clients
is always better for stressing the system.
Could you give some feedback to romain?

> So I ended up creating a simple OmniBrowser-specific version of
> services, which will be much easier to deal with. I'm now
> converting the existing actions into OB services.
>
> Colin

Re: Re: Adding actions to OmniBrowser menu

Lukas Renggli
> I'm working on fixing this problem; the next version of OB will have
> a much more extensible, services-like architecture.

Colin, where do you have your working repository?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Adding actions to OmniBrowser menu

Damien Cassou-3

http://monticello.wiresong.ca/ob

--
Damien Cassou

Colin Putney a écrit :

> On Oct 4, 2006, at 11:01 AM, stephane ducasse wrote:
>
>> do you imply based on services :) ?
>> Because it would be nice if we could remove abstractions that are
>> duplicated.
>
> No, not based on the services used in 3.9. I tried doing that, but I
> found that I couldn't implement services that would work properly
> regardless of the metagraph used by the browser. Then I tried extending
> services, but the complexity got out of hand pretty quickly. So I ended
> up creating a simple OmniBrowser-specific version of services, which
> will be much easier to deal with. I'm now converting the existing
> actions into OB services.

Too bad you want to keep compatibility with 3.8 because pragmas were a
very good solution (implemented with Alexandre Bergel in OB and it just
worked). Keep working Colin, OB is very good.

--
Damien Cassou

On Oct 5, 2006, at 7:57 AM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> Lukas Renggli a écrit :
>> Colin, where do you have your working repository?
>
> http://monticello.wiresong.ca/ob

Actually, this is the old repository. I've left it up so that
SqueakMap will continue to work, but I should probably take it down
and update SM.

The repository is now here:

http://source.wiresong.ca/ob

Sorry for the confusion.

Colin

Re: Re: Adding actions to OmniBrowser menu

Lukas Renggli
> The repository is now here:
>
> http://source.wiresong.ca/ob

Yeah, this is what I suspected. The other repository was too quiet to
be the current one ;-)

Thanks,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Re: Adding actions to OmniBrowser menu

Damien Cassou-3
> > The repository is now here:
> >
> > http://source.wiresong.ca/ob
>
> Yeah, this is what I suspected. The other repository was too
quiet to
> be the current one ;-)

Does this address work for everybody but me ? I can't made it
work neither with OmniBrowser nor with a webbrowser and
neither at home nor in school.

Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste
sur www.laposte.net ou sur 3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34€ TTC /mn)
1 Giga de stockage gratuit – Antispam et antivirus intégrés

On Oct 6, 2006, at 1:56 AM, damien.cassou wrote:

>>> The repository is now here:
>>>
>>> http://source.wiresong.ca/ob
>>
>> Yeah, this is what I suspected. The other repository was too
> quiet to
>> be the current one ;-)
>
> Does this address work for everybody but me ? I can't made it
> work neither with OmniBrowser nor with a webbrowser and
> neither at home nor in school.

Apache seems to have crashed during night. Bizarre. Should be ok now.

Colin

Colin Putney a écrit :

>>> Yeah, this is what I suspected. The other repository was too
>> quiet to
>>> be the current one ;-)
>>
>> Does this address work for everybody but me ? I can't made it
>> work neither with OmniBrowser nor with a webbrowser and
>> neither at home nor in school.
>
> Apache seems to have crashed during night. Bizarre. Should be ok now.

Thank you

Colin Putney a écrit :

>> Does this address work for everybody but me ? I can't made it
>> work neither with OmniBrowser nor with a webbrowser and
>> neither at home nor in school.
>
> Apache seems to have crashed during night. Bizarre. Should be ok now.

Again ? I can't access the repository anymore.

--
Damien Cassou