Adrian's blog instructions; part 1

Chris Cunnington
Hi,

I've printed out Adrian's instructions from his blog. I've followed
along, but my knowledge of cmake and make isn't great. I do know I have
cmake --version 2.8.0 installed. I've built the directories and executed:

$ sudo ../unix/cmake/configure --without-RomePlugin
--without-vm-display-Quartz
Password:

from within /build. I get:

-- Configuring squeak 3.11.3-2151 for i386-apple-darwin10.5.0
-- Using source directory ../unix/src
CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to
"Unix Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to
select a different build tool.
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module
file:/Users/chriscunnington/Desktop/vmbuilding/platforms/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module
file:/Users/chriscunnington/Desktop/vmbuilding/platforms/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: CMAKE_C_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
CMake Error: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage

I've got the tools. I have the files. I'm in the right place. Does this
error mean it's expecting a file called Makefile in the /unix/src
directory?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Chris

Re: Adrian's blog instructions; part 1

Adrian Lienhard
Hi Chris,

Not sure whether I can help... Do you have the Apple developer tools installed?

Somebody else experienced the same problem, but I don't know whether he resolved it: http://www.cmake.org/Bug/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=9100

I assume you need make and gcc pre-installed on your machine for cmake to work and you may be missing them.

Adrian