Aida ToDo example ready

Janko Mivšek
Dear Smalltalkers,

As part of comparison of web frameworks [1] Hannes Hirzel proposed to
make a concrete example of web app in all three frameworks [2]. He
proposed a ToDo example and here it is, an Aida version of it!

I also prepared a short description with screenshots and code snippets,
together of installation on Pharo, so you can try it by yourself:

        http://www.aidaweb.si/todo-description

Please review this description and study the code, I really like to hear
your opinion!

To install in on recent Pharo, first download Pharo one-click:

 https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/28437/Pharo-1.2.1-OneClick.zip

Then run following script:

  Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'AidaAddons';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfAidaToDoExample';
    load.

  (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAidaToDoExample) load.

Aida will start running immediately, open in web browser a ToDo example at:

        http://localhost:8888/todo

Best regards
Janko

[1]
http://forum.world.st/Comparison-of-Aida-Web-Seaside-and-Iliad-web-frameworks-tt3615190.html
[2] http://forum.world.st/Comparison-by-example-tt3619333.html

--
Janko Mivšek
Aida/Web

todo-retrieve.png (14K) Download Attachment
todo-delete2.png (22K) Download Attachment

Re: Aida ToDo example ready - error in installation

Intrader Intrader
Thank you for your submission - I am working on various examples and this would
help.
However, I am getting "Unable to resolve ConfigurationOfAida"
I am runing Pharo 1.2

Fritz Schenk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you for your submission - I am working on various examples and
>this would
> help.
> However, I am getting "Unable to resolve ConfigurationOfAida"
> I am runing Pharo 1.2

Hi Fritz,
Try once again, maybe recent SqueakSource problems were the cause. I
namely just successfully install in Pharo OneClick 1.2.1 with a script
from Todo description:

Gofer new
     squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
     package: 'ConfigurationOfAida';
     load.

(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) load.

Gofer new
     squeaksource: 'AidaAddons';
     package: 'AidaToDoExample';
     load.

Best regards
Janko

Re: Aida ToDo example ready - error in installation

Intrader Intrader

> Gofer new
>      squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>      package: 'ConfigurationOfAida';
>      load.
>
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) load.

No problem to here, however:

> Gofer new
>      squeaksource: 'AidaAddons';
>      package: 'AidaToDoExample';
>      load.

Gives 'Syntax Error' ToDoListApp: views-elements actionLinksFor:on:
Followed by the code:
actionLinksFor: aTask on: aListElement
        | e |
        e := WebElement new.
        e add: (self completeLinkFor: aTask).
        (e addTextSmall: ' | '; addNilLinkText: 'edit')
                class: #'todo-actionlink';
                onClickPopup: (ToDoTaskWidget newForEdit: aTask)
thenUpdate: aListElement.
        (e addTextSmall: ' | '; addLinkTo: '#' png: #buttonDeletePng
title: 'Delete this task')
                onClickPopup:
                        (WebDialog newConfirm
                                text: 'Do you really want to delete
that task?';
                                ifTrue:
                                        [self observee deleteTask:
aTask.
                                        aListElement update]<-
No special messages expected ->).
        ^e

the half assed way I do it. There should be an automated way to copy
the error report.

Re: Aida ToDo example ready - error in installation

Intrader Intrader
while the Syntax Error is displayed, I get a window that says 'Reloading...' as
its title.
I am unable to remove such window.

Re: Aida ToDo example ready - error in installation

Janko Mivšek
On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 23:15:51 +0000 (UTC)
  Fritz Schenk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> while the Syntax Error is displayed, I get a window that says
>'Reloading...' as
> its title.
> I am unable to remove such window.

Can you explain a bit more, what syntax error, where, who says
'reloading' etc? Also please subscribe to Aida mailing list for more
just Aida related questions.

Janko

Janko Mivsek <janko.mivsek <at> eranova.si> writes:

> On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 23:15:51 +0000 (UTC)
>   Fritz Schenk <intrader.intrader <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > while the Syntax Error is displayed, I get a window that says
> >'Reloading...' as
> > its title.
> > I am unable to remove such window.
>
> Can you explain a bit more, what syntax error, where, who says
> 'reloading' etc? Also please subscribe to Aida mailing list for more
> just Aida related questions.
>
> Janko

Sorry you missed my previous post. Here is its contents:

> Gofer new
>      squeaksource: 'AidaAddons';
>      package: 'AidaToDoExample';
>      load.

Gives 'Syntax Error' ToDoListApp: views-elements actionLinksFor:on:
Followed by the code:
actionLinksFor: aTask on: aListElement
        | e |
        e := WebElement new.
        e add: (self completeLinkFor: aTask).
        (e addTextSmall: ' | '; addNilLinkText: 'edit')
                class: #'todo-actionlink';
                onClickPopup: (ToDoTaskWidget newForEdit: aTask)
thenUpdate: aListElement.
        (e addTextSmall: ' | '; addLinkTo: '#' png: #buttonDeletePng
title: 'Delete this task')
                onClickPopup:
                        (WebDialog newConfirm
                                text: 'Do you really want to delete
that task?';
                                ifTrue:
                                        [self observee deleteTask:
aTask.
                                        aListElement update]<-
No special messages expected ->).
        ^e

the half assed way I do it. There should be an automated way to copy
the error report.

And this leaves a window that I have to remove with the halo x
selection

Where is the Aida forum?

Re: Aida ToDo example ready - error in installation

Janko Mivšek
On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 17:39:24 +0000 (UTC)
  Fritz Schenk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Janko Mivsek <janko.mivsek <at> eranova.si> writes:
>

>> On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 23:15:51 +0000 (UTC)
>>   Fritz Schenk <intrader.intrader <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > while the Syntax Error is displayed, I get a window that says
>> >'Reloading...' as
>> > its title.
>> > I am unable to remove such window.
>>
>> Can you explain a bit more, what syntax error, where, who says
>> 'reloading' etc? Also please subscribe to Aida mailing list for more
>> just Aida related questions.
>>
>> Janko
>>
> Sorry you missed my previous post. Here is its contents:
>
>> Gofer new
>>      squeaksource: 'AidaAddons';
>>      package: 'AidaToDoExample';
>>      load.
>>

> Gives 'Syntax Error' ToDoListApp: views-elements actionLinksFor:on:
>Followed by the code:
> actionLinksFor: aTask on: aListElement
> | e |
> e := WebElement new.
> e add: (self completeLinkFor: aTask).
> (e addTextSmall: ' | '; addNilLinkText: 'edit')
> class: #'todo-actionlink';
> onClickPopup: (ToDoTaskWidget newForEdit: aTask)
> thenUpdate: aListElement.
> (e addTextSmall: ' | '; addLinkTo: '#' png: #buttonDeletePng
> title: 'Delete this task')
> onClickPopup:
> (WebDialog newConfirm
> text: 'Do you really want to delete
> that task?';
> ifTrue:
> [self observee deleteTask:
> aTask.
> aListElement update]<-
> No special messages expected ->).
> ^e

> the half assed way I do it. There should be an automated way to copy
> the error report.
>
> And this leaves a window that I have to remove with the halo x
> selection
>
> Where is the Aida forum?

Re: Aida ToDo example ready - error in installation

Janko Mivšek
Hi Fritz,

I'm currently at ESUG and it is hard to help better. Try loading in
Pharo 1.3 because this one surelly works. Or simply use Aida one-click
from our website. For mailing list there are instructions at
http://www.aidaweb.si/community

Best regards
Janko

I will do the one click from