Alien on Win32 - Test and Integration into VM Sources

Alien on Win32 - Test and Integration into VM Sources

Torsten Bergmann

Cool! With Alien working on Win32 we now have it on all
major platforms (windows, linux, mac)

I send this mail CC to the squeak-dev/pharo-dev list so
others are able to try the plugin on Win32 and give feedback.

This mail also goes to vm-dev list and I hope one of the
vm-maintainers (Andreas, Elliot, David? - also in CC:) are
able to respond to you directly on how to integrate your changes
into the offical win32 vm sources.

Thx
Torsten

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 09:47:45 +0100
Von: "Schmidt, Marco" <Marco.Schmidt AT eads.com>
An: "Torsten Bergmann" <astares AT gmx.de>
CC: [hidden email]
Betreff: AW: Test Alien on Win32...

I added a zip file with the exe and the needed dlls to the bug 1360 (http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=1360).

I tested in the last days CairoGraphics and my own CurlLibrary binding - success! I have working callbacks for Curl too.

I cloned the svn repo into a git repo. What is the correct format to submit patches to the developers?

Marco

jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser

Re: [squeak-dev] Alien on Win32 - Test and Integration into VM Sources

David T. Lewis

Thanks,

I opened a Mantis report to track this for the VM developers
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7475

You can attach patches to the Mantis report (or I'll try to collect
them from the previous posts, but I'm short of time this week).

Andreas can reply WRT the Windows patches. FYI, Ian (Unix VM) has
been busy elsewhere but will probably be back shortly (next week
I think). Ian prefers to receive platform files (whole files, not
diffs) by email if possible (but I will try to coordinate if I
can get pointers to the right patches).

IIUC no changes are required to the VMMaker package itself, as
the Alien changes are maintained in separate repository. Please
correct me if that is not right.

Follow up discussion should go to the vm-dev list unless of
general interest.

Thanks!

Dave

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 12:53:17PM +0100, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Cool! With Alien working on Win32 we now have it on all
> major platforms (windows, linux, mac)
>
> I send this mail CC to the squeak-dev/pharo-dev list so
> others are able to try the plugin on Win32 and give feedback.
>
> This mail also goes to vm-dev list and I hope one of the
> vm-maintainers (Andreas, Elliot, David? - also in CC:) are
> able to respond to you directly on how to integrate your changes
> into the offical win32 vm sources.
>
> Thx
> Torsten
>
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 09:47:45 +0100
> Von: "Schmidt, Marco" <Marco.Schmidt AT eads.com>
> An: "Torsten Bergmann" <astares AT gmx.de>
> CC: [hidden email]
> Betreff: AW: Test Alien on Win32...
>
> I added a zip file with the exe and the needed dlls to the bug 1360 (http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=1360).
>
> I tested in the last days CairoGraphics and my own CurlLibrary binding - success! I have working callbacks for Curl too.
>
> I cloned the svn repo into a git repo. What is the correct format to submit patches to the developers?
>
> Marco

> Sicherer, schneller und einfacher. Die aktuellen Internet-Browser -
> jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser

Re: [squeak-dev] Alien on Win32 - Test and Integration into VM Sources

Andreas.Raab

On 3/9/2010 4:16 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:
> You can attach patches to the Mantis report (or I'll try to collect
> them from the previous posts, but I'm short of time this week).

Me too. GDC is in town and I'll be spending most of my evenings in San
Francisco this week.

> Andreas can reply WRT the Windows patches. FYI, Ian (Unix VM) has
> been busy elsewhere but will probably be back shortly (next week
> I think). Ian prefers to receive platform files (whole files, not
> diffs) by email if possible (but I will try to coordinate if I
> can get pointers to the right patches).

Best thing to do for Windows patches is to attach entire files to the
bug report. Please NO PATCHES - entire files are trivial to diff via
SVN; with patches I'd have to recreate the full files first.

Cheers,
   - Andreas