All MVC image ( was Looking for Squeak-80)

All MVC image ( was Looking for Squeak-80)

Chris Cunnington
Thanks for the answers, Sungjin. It's a cool image.

I like how KomHttpServer is built right in. As you say, you use it for
Seaside.
At 5.7M with Kom built in, it's a sweet image for web development. I
look forward to using it for my own projects.

And as it's all MVC, I think it would be a good place to learn about
graphics. The Blue Book is closer to this image than to Morphic, I'd
bet. The NeXT class categories are also intriguing.

Thanks for sharing it.

Chris

Re: All MVC image ( was Looking for Squeak-80)

Sungjin Chun
If you want to reduce more (may be 1 or 2 mb), you can remove my
korean font embedded in the image.

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Chris Cunnington
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the answers, Sungjin. It's a cool image.
>
> I like how KomHttpServer is built right in. As you say, you use it for
> Seaside.
> At 5.7M with Kom built in, it's a sweet image for web development. I look
> forward to using it for my own projects.
>
> And as it's all MVC, I think it would be a good place to learn about
> graphics. The Blue Book is closer to this image than to Morphic, I'd bet.
> The NeXT class categories are also intriguing.
>
> Thanks for sharing it.
>
> Chris

Re: All MVC image ( was Looking for Squeak-80)

Edgar De Cleene

On 7/6/12 8:59 PM, "Chris Cunnington" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> At 5.7M with Kom built in, it's a sweet image for web development. I
> look forward to using it for my own projects.

But you could have a Cuis derived with this package list

Balloon
Collections
Compiler
Ejercicios
Graphics
Kernel
LinearAlgebra
Morphi
Multilingual
Network
PackageInfo
Shout
System
Theme
Tools
ToolBuilder
Dyna
micBindings
KomServices
KomHttpServer
Files
WebClient
HTML
HV
MorphicExtras

VB
XML
NaughtieWiki
Scheduler
SqueakRos

Ans is only 4.4 mb .....

Cheers

Edgar

Re: All MVC image ( was Looking for Squeak-80)

Hannes Hirzel
Sure, Edgar

but Blake McBride and Peter Michaux are interested in MVC.   :-)

Interestingly Peter Michaux writes that the current JavaScript
framework going under the label 'MVC' are not really MVC in his view.
So he came up with his version of a JavaScript MVC implementation

https://github.com/petermichaux/maria

And the other noteworthy thing is that
Sungjin Chun bases his Unicode aware MVC image on Squeak 3.8.1
a version which if my memory serves me well was very stable and well worked out.

https://code.google.com/p/nxt-web/

Unfortunately the current MVC implementation in Squeak 4.3 + is still
broken as David T. Lewis writes.

--Hannes

On 7/9/12 1:57 PM, "H. Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sure, Edgar
>
> but Blake McBride and Peter Michaux are interested in MVC.   :-)
>
> Interestingly Peter Michaux writes that the current JavaScript
> framework going under the label 'MVC' are not really MVC in his view.
> So he came up with his version of a JavaScript MVC implementation
>
> https://github.com/petermichaux/maria
>

> And the other noteworthy thing is that
> Sungjin Chun bases his Unicode aware MVC image on Squeak 3.8.1
> a version which if my memory serves me well was very stable and well worked
> out.
>
> https://code.google.com/p/nxt-web/
>

> Unfortunately the current MVC implementation in Squeak 4.3 + is still
> broken as David T. Lewis writes.
>

> --Hannes

I think maybe is possible update the Sungjin Chun image to last 4.4.
Any interest in this?

Cheers

Edgar