Americo's "holly trinity" world builder #1

Americo's "holly trinity" world builder #1

Paul Sheldon-2
I'm struggling with sudo's in unix on mac doing Darwin installs since
Americo
uses cheap pc's in the spirit of OLPC and can't possibly hold my hand.

What a thrill to write ten lines of oop code and a primative world appears.

Now, I want to draw to get better worlds being almost on the same
page as Americo's lessons.

Croquet doesn't need gtk, I need it to follow Americo.

;-)

I had to abort in the middle of an install of a gtk precursor atk
because high speed access was at closing library. The darwin instructions
are wrong,

cd /opt/local/bin/portslocation/dports/

doesn't get made by Darwin Installer renamed MacPorts.
I had to look for a plausible portfile elsewhere with spotlight in os x.
I cd'd over there and did a superuser do while online 10 minutes
before closing time. I had to abort, not knowing what that meant,
but "the thang" resumes! Librarians can go home and have lives,
I went to the civic center and resumed.

I'm beginning to grasp this unix shell stuff slowly.

Re: Americo's "holly trinity" world builder #1

Ric Moore
On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 16:43 -0800, [hidden email] wrote:

> I'm beginning to grasp this unix shell stuff slowly.

Install Linux! <cackles> Nothing like learning through total immersion!
<g> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net  <---down4now too

Re: Americo's "holly trinity" world builder #1

Robert Black
On Sunday 02 September 2007 11:16, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 16:43 -0800, [hidden email] wrote:
> > I'm beginning to grasp this unix shell stuff slowly.
>
> Install Linux! <cackles> Nothing like learning through total immersion!
> <g> Ric

Actually, that is not a bad suggestion for someone wanting to develop
applications that are Linux/open sourced.  By the time you learn Linux
croquet might be a little further along.  With the Vista debacle now is the
perfect time.
Robert