[Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

12

[Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Folks,

Cuis 3.2 is available at http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html . From
the release notes:

New in Cuis 3.2
-------------------
    * Enhanced look for menus and several other widgets
    * TIFFReader (100% Smalltalk code)
    * Many fixes and code enhancements and cleanup, especially in
Morphic (World, Canvas, DamageRecorder, etc)
    * Text / TextAttribute cleanup

Many of the changes will be of interest to those working on updating
integrating SimpleMorphic into Squeak and Pharo.

As usual, comments, discussion, bug reports, kudos and donations are all
welcome!

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Edgar De Cleene

On 4/12/11 5:15 PM, "Juan Vuletich" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Cuis 3.2 is available at http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html . From
> the release notes:
>
> New in Cuis 3.2
> -------------------
>     * Enhanced look for menus and several other widgets
>     * TIFFReader (100% Smalltalk code)
>     * Many fixes and code enhancements and cleanup, especially in
> Morphic (World, Canvas, DamageRecorder, etc)
>     * Text / TextAttribute cleanup
>
> Many of the changes will be of interest to those working on updating
> integrating SimpleMorphic into Squeak and Pharo.
>
> As usual, comments, discussion, bug reports, kudos and donations are all
> welcome!
>
> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich

Just downloading it....

Edgar

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Edgar De Cleene

On 4/12/11 5:15 PM, "Juan Vuletich" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Cuis 3.2 is available at http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html . From
> the release notes:
>
> New in Cuis 3.2
> -------------------
>     * Enhanced look for menus and several other widgets
>     * TIFFReader (100% Smalltalk code)
>     * Many fixes and code enhancements and cleanup, especially in
> Morphic (World, Canvas, DamageRecorder, etc)
>     * Text / TextAttribute cleanup
>
> Many of the changes will be of interest to those working on updating
> integrating SimpleMorphic into Squeak and Pharo.
>
> As usual, comments, discussion, bug reports, kudos and donations are all
> welcome!
>
> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich

Like the LayoutMorphTest testLayout1 etc, this drive me to 'Morphic-Layouts'
classes  and wonder why this is not on SimpleMorphic .....

And a question.

Why not a ToolBuilder in Cuis, you think is unneeded ? I ask because in the
future I would like to port some Trunk tools to Cuis.

Edgar

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Juan Vuletich-4
Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 4/12/11 5:15 PM, "Juan Vuletich" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> Cuis 3.2 is available at http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html . From
>> the release notes:
>>
>> New in Cuis 3.2
>> -------------------
>>     * Enhanced look for menus and several other widgets
>>     * TIFFReader (100% Smalltalk code)
>>     * Many fixes and code enhancements and cleanup, especially in
>> Morphic (World, Canvas, DamageRecorder, etc)
>>     * Text / TextAttribute cleanup
>>
>> Many of the changes will be of interest to those working on updating
>> integrating SimpleMorphic into Squeak and Pharo.
>>
>> As usual, comments, discussion, bug reports, kudos and donations are all
>> welcome!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Juan Vuletich
>>

> Like the LayoutMorphTest testLayout1 etc, this drive me to 'Morphic-Layouts'
> classes  and wonder why this is not on SimpleMorphic .....

Well, I did all this after SimpleMorphic. It was one of the big news of
Cuis 3.1. I suggest updating the code in SimpleMorphic to be on par with
the latest on Cuis. Besides the much nicer look, you also get better
performance and simpler code in _many_ places.

> And a question.
>
> Why not a ToolBuilder in Cuis, you think is unneeded ? I ask because in the
> future I would like to port some Trunk tools to Cuis.

Just because I didn't need it yet. Please go ahead and build it. It will
be a great way to ease porting stuff from Squeak.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

> Edgar

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Casey Ransberger-2
Juan the new menus look great!

On Apr 12, 2011, at 1:15 PM, Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Cuis 3.2 is available at http://www.jvuletich.org/Cuis/Index.html . From the release notes:
>
> New in Cuis 3.2
> -------------------
>   * Enhanced look for menus and several other widgets
>   * TIFFReader (100% Smalltalk code)
>   * Many fixes and code enhancements and cleanup, especially in Morphic (World, Canvas, DamageRecorder, etc)
>   * Text / TextAttribute cleanup
>
> Many of the changes will be of interest to those working on updating integrating SimpleMorphic into Squeak and Pharo.
>
> As usual, comments, discussion, bug reports, kudos and donations are all welcome!
>
> Cheers,
> Juan Vuletich

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Balázs Kósi

Today I restarted my efforts of basing SimpleMorphic on Cuis' morphic.
My previous try stalled, because it proved to be hard to gap the
divergence of Squeak and Cuis outside the code I brought from there.
(IIRC I was fiddling with CharacterScanner incompatibilities lately)

So my new approach is to sever a bigger chunk from Cuis .
 - I grabbed not only Morphic and the Theme categories but also all
the code from System-Text, Tools, Shout and Graphics-Text and three
more classes (Preferences Preference RunArray). [1]
 - Then loaded it with the little utility I attached [2]. This
converts category and class names and class references.
 - Then I've loaded the SMx package, and started the long battle with
the errors popping up, eventually slipping into changing the extracted
SimpleMorphic package.

I've uploaded the results to the SimpleMorphicSqueak repo [3].
Hopefully it can be loaded into a clean trunk image. It's possible to
create a new project, open the world menu and return to the previous
project.

The next steps will be to make the tools (from Cuis) work, by
improving the SMx package. I hope this will solder the code into the
Trunk. Then make the ToolBuilder work, and then we hopefully can pick
up the thread where we left and merge with Edgar. What do you think?

Balázs

p.s: We have 3 overrides in Trunk code. Two in Rectangle (Rectangle >>
quickMerge:, Rectangle class >> merging: ). Both to accept nil instead
of Rectangles. The third is DisplayScreen >> defaultCanvasClass. It
dispatches on
Project current to get the canvas class, so SimpleMorphic can use its
own canvas. Maybe they can integrated into the Trunk.

[1] This is the code I use to get the code out from Cuis:

fs := FileStream newFileNamed: 'SimpleMorphic-3.2.st'.
#('Morphic' 'Theme' 'System-Text' 'Tools' 'Shout' 'Graphics-Text') do:
[ :category |
       (SystemOrganization categoriesMatching: category, '*') do: [ :each |
               SystemOrganization fileOutCategory: each on: fs ] ].
#(Preferences Preference RunArray) do: [ :className | (Smalltalk
classNamed: className) fileOutOn: fs ].
fs close.

[2] This is the code to load the filed out code:

transformer := SMxFilePackageTransformer fromFileNamed: 'SimpleMorphic-3.2.st'.
transformer filePackage fixClassOrder.
transformer filePackage fileIn

[3] Load script:

Installer squeaksource
       project: 'SimpleMorphicSqueak';
       install: 'SimpleMorphic-kb.8';
       install: 'SMx-kb.32'

SMx-Code Loader.st (6K) Download Attachment

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Edgar De Cleene

On 4/14/11 2:38 AM, "Balázs Kósi" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Today I restarted my efforts of basing SimpleMorphic on Cuis' morphic.
> My previous try stalled, because it proved to be hard to gap the
> divergence of Squeak and Cuis outside the code I brought from there.
> (IIRC I was fiddling with CharacterScanner incompatibilities lately)
>
> So my new approach is to sever a bigger chunk from Cuis .
>  - I grabbed not only Morphic and the Theme categories but also all
> the code from System-Text, Tools, Shout and Graphics-Text and three
> more classes (Preferences Preference RunArray). [1]
>  - Then loaded it with the little utility I attached [2]. This
> converts category and class names and class references.
>  - Then I've loaded the SMx package, and started the long battle with
> the errors popping up, eventually slipping into changing the extracted
> SimpleMorphic package.
>
> I've uploaded the results to the SimpleMorphicSqueak repo [3].
> Hopefully it can be loaded into a clean trunk image. It's possible to
> create a new project, open the world menu and return to the previous
> project.
>
> The next steps will be to make the tools (from Cuis) work, by
> improving the SMx package. I hope this will solder the code into the
> Trunk. Then make the ToolBuilder work, and then we hopefully can pick
> up the thread where we left and merge with Edgar. What do you think?
>
> Balázs
>
> p.s: We have 3 overrides in Trunk code. Two in Rectangle (Rectangle >>
> quickMerge:, Rectangle class >> merging: ). Both to accept nil instead
> of Rectangles. The third is DisplayScreen >> defaultCanvasClass. It
> dispatches on
> Project current to get the canvas class, so SimpleMorphic can use its
> own canvas. Maybe they can integrated into the Trunk.
>
> [1] This is the code I use to get the code out from Cuis:
>
> fs := FileStream newFileNamed: 'SimpleMorphic-3.2.st'.
> #('Morphic' 'Theme' 'System-Text' 'Tools' 'Shout' 'Graphics-Text') do:
> [ :category |
>        (SystemOrganization categoriesMatching: category, '*') do: [ :each |
>                SystemOrganization fileOutCategory: each on: fs ] ].
> #(Preferences Preference RunArray) do: [ :className | (Smalltalk
> classNamed: className) fileOutOn: fs ].
> fs close.
>
> [2] This is the code to load the filed out code:
>
> transformer := SMxFilePackageTransformer fromFileNamed:
> 'SimpleMorphic-3.2.st'.
> transformer filePackage fixClassOrder.
> transformer filePackage fileIn
>
> [3] Load script:
>
> Installer squeaksource
>        project: 'SimpleMorphicSqueak';
>        install: 'SimpleMorphic-kb.8';
>        install: 'SMx-kb.32'

Excellent!
Just trying with fresh Squeak4.3-11157 and update to 11241.

Gives some dnu, but nothing that can not be fixed
Today can't do much work , but try to focus in get rid of MCTool
dependencies for doing a merge between your code and mine.

For this I should move ToolBuilder-Kernel-edc.48, ToolBuilder-Morphic-edc.77
and http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Monticello-edc.457.mcz to Trunk first .

Agree ?

Edgar

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Bert Freudenberg

On 14.04.2011, at 12:32, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> [...]
>>                SystemOrganization fileOutCategory: each on: fs ] ].
>> #(Preferences Preference RunArray) do: [ :className | (Smalltalk
>> classNamed: className) fileOutOn: fs ].
>> fs close.
>>
>> [2] This is the code to load the filed out code:
>>
>> transformer := SMxFilePackageTransformer fromFileNamed:
>> 'SimpleMorphic-3.2.st'.
>> transformer filePackage fixClassOrder.
>> transformer filePackage fileIn
>>
>> [3] Load script:
>>
>> Installer squeaksource
>>        project: 'SimpleMorphicSqueak';
>>        install: 'SimpleMorphic-kb.8';
>>        install: 'SMx-kb.32'
>

> Excellent!
> Just trying with fresh Squeak4.3-11157 and update to 11241.
>

> Gives some dnu, but nothing that can not be fixed
> Today can't do much work , but try to focus in get rid of MCTool
> dependencies for doing a merge between your code and mine.

Sounds good.

> For this I should move ToolBuilder-Kernel-edc.48, ToolBuilder-Morphic-edc.77
> and http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Monticello-edc.457.mcz to Trunk first .
>
> Agree ?

No, there are problems with your code. See my other message in the "Monticello-edc.456" thread.

- Bert -

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Hannes Hirzel
On 4/14/11, Balázs Kósi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Today I restarted my efforts of basing SimpleMorphic on Cuis' morphic.
> My previous try stalled, because it proved to be hard to gap the
> divergence of Squeak and Cuis outside the code I brought from there.
> (IIRC I was fiddling with CharacterScanner incompatibilities lately)
>
> So my new approach is to sever a bigger chunk from Cuis .
>  - I grabbed not only Morphic and the Theme categories but also all
> the code from System-Text, Tools, Shout and Graphics-Text and three
> more classes (Preferences Preference RunArray). [1]
>  - Then loaded it with the little utility I attached [2]. This
> converts category and class names and class references.
>  - Then I've loaded the SMx package, and started the long battle with
> the errors popping up, eventually slipping into changing the extracted
> SimpleMorphic package.
>
> I've uploaded the results to the SimpleMorphicSqueak repo [3].
> Hopefully it can be loaded into a clean trunk image. It's possible to
> create a new project, open the world menu and return to the previous
> project.
>
> The next steps will be to make the tools (from Cuis) work, by
> improving the SMx package. I hope this will solder the code into the
> Trunk. Then make the ToolBuilder work, and then we hopefully can pick
> up the thread where we left and merge with Edgar. What do you think?
>
> Balázs
>
> p.s: We have 3 overrides in Trunk code. Two in Rectangle (Rectangle >>
> quickMerge:, Rectangle class >> merging: ). Both to accept nil instead
> of Rectangles. The third is DisplayScreen >> defaultCanvasClass. It
> dispatches on
> Project current to get the canvas class, so SimpleMorphic can use its
> own canvas. Maybe they can integrated into the Trunk.
>
> [1] This is the code I use to get the code out from Cuis:
>
> fs := FileStream newFileNamed: 'SimpleMorphic-3.2.st'.
> #('Morphic' 'Theme' 'System-Text' 'Tools' 'Shout' 'Graphics-Text') do:
> [ :category |
>        (SystemOrganization categoriesMatching: category, '*') do: [ :each |
>                SystemOrganization fileOutCategory: each on: fs ] ].
> #(Preferences Preference RunArray) do: [ :className | (Smalltalk
> classNamed: className) fileOutOn: fs ].
> fs close.
>
> [2] This is the code to load the filed out code:
>
> transformer := SMxFilePackageTransformer fromFileNamed:
> 'SimpleMorphic-3.2.st'.
> transformer filePackage fixClassOrder.
> transformer filePackage fileIn

> [3] Load script:
>
> Installer squeaksource
>        project: 'SimpleMorphicSqueak';
>        install: 'SimpleMorphic-kb.8';
>        install: 'SMx-kb.32'

Thank you Balázs for this description which shows with enough details
what you did.

I used your load script [3]

It loaded fine into Balázs  Squeak 4.3 alphta -11241 (trunk) as of today.

With menu 'Project / New Project' --> 'SMx Morphic Project' I can
create a SimpleMorphic project enter it and leave it.

In addition I can open a SystemBrowser.

This is a good milestone.
The GUI looks nice as the CUIS 3.2 I checked out yesterday.

Cuis 3.2 has

Morph allSubclasses size  52

Now for the things which do not work yet

If I  'right-click' on the category pane to bring up the find class
command results in a debugger window.

Opening a workspace brings the same result.

UIManager

I see that you have
UIManager subclass: #SimpleMorphicUIManager

Questions

1. Looking at the class category I see the prefix

SimpleMorphic
and
SMx

How do they differ?

2. How far have you got into looking at what Edgar did?
He writes that he can bring up the Monticello browser though with some
hacks (see other thread; Bert and Andreas dont' want an abstract
method signature on UIManager which includes aWorld as a parameter.

Regards

--Hannes

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Edgar De Cleene

On 4/14/11 8:09 AM, "Bert Freudenberg" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> No, there are problems with your code. See my other message in the
> "Monticello-edc.456" thread.
>
> - Bert -

Well, now i know this is wrong.
Like know what is right.

Usinhg DependencyBrowser in fresh image

MCTool>>#buttonRow: We have AlignmentMorph and PluggableButtonMorph
MCWorkingCopyBrowser>>#editLoadScripts We have MenuMorph
MCTool>>#multiListMorph:selection:listSelection:menu: We have
PluggableListMorphOfMany

And we could follow, but the critics was for
MCRepository class>>#fillInTheBlankConfigure:

I copy the code

fillInTheBlankConfigure: aTemplateString
    | chunk repo |

    aTemplateString ifNil: [ ^ false ].
    chunk := FillInTheBlankMorph
            request: self fillInTheBlankRequest
            initialAnswer: aTemplateString
            centerAt: Sensor cursorPoint
            inWorld: World
            onCancelReturn: nil
            acceptOnCR: false
            answerExtent: 400@120.

    chunk
        ifNotNil: [
            repo := self readFrom: chunk readStream.
            repo creationTemplate: chunk.
    ].

    ^ repo

Is this best as my solution?
Was in place for four years .... stephaneducasse 2/4/2006 20:47

Edgar

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Hannes Hirzel
Edgar

Do you mean what is shown in the screen shot?

--Hannes

On 4/14/11, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 4/14/11 8:09 AM, "Bert Freudenberg" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> No, there are problems with your code. See my other message in the
>> "Monticello-edc.456" thread.
>>
>> - Bert -
>
> Well, now i know this is wrong.
> Like know what is right.
>
> Usinhg DependencyBrowser in fresh image
>
> MCTool>>#buttonRow: We have AlignmentMorph and PluggableButtonMorph
> MCWorkingCopyBrowser>>#editLoadScripts We have MenuMorph
> MCTool>>#multiListMorph:selection:listSelection:menu: We have
> PluggableListMorphOfMany
>
> And we could follow, but the critics was for
> MCRepository class>>#fillInTheBlankConfigure:
>
> I copy the code
>
> fillInTheBlankConfigure: aTemplateString
>     | chunk repo |
>
>     aTemplateString ifNil: [ ^ false ].
>     chunk := FillInTheBlankMorph
>             request: self fillInTheBlankRequest
>             initialAnswer: aTemplateString
>             centerAt: Sensor cursorPoint
>             inWorld: World
>             onCancelReturn: nil
>             acceptOnCR: false
>             answerExtent: 400@120.
>
>     chunk
>         ifNotNil: [
>             repo := self readFrom: chunk readStream.
>             repo creationTemplate: chunk.
>     ].
>
>     ^ repo
>

> Is this best as my solution?
> Was in place for four years .... stephaneducasse 2/4/2006 20:47
>
> Edgar

DependencyBrowserPackagesDependantOnMonticello.PNG (43K) Download Attachment

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Hannes Hirzel

> 1. Looking at the class category I see the prefix
>
> SimpleMorphic
> and
> SMx

SimpleMorphic is what comes from Cuis and SMx contains the classes
which have to be in Squeak to accomodate SimpleMorphic.

Name: SMx-dtl.6
Author: dtl
Time: 24 February 2011, 1:18:35.649 pm
UUID: da150bdb-5ebf-405e-a303-bb8e2093442e
Ancestors: SMx-dtl.5

Move all Squeak extensions from package SimpleMorphic to package SMx
in order to keep package SimpleMorphic as close as possible to the
base distribution.

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Bert Freudenberg

On 14.04.2011, at 17:15, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 4/14/11 8:09 AM, "Bert Freudenberg" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> No, there are problems with your code. See my other message in the
>> "Monticello-edc.456" thread.
>>
>> - Bert -
>
> Well, now i know this is wrong.
> Like know what is right.
>
> Usinhg DependencyBrowser in fresh image
>
> MCTool>>#buttonRow: We have AlignmentMorph and PluggableButtonMorph
> MCWorkingCopyBrowser>>#editLoadScripts We have MenuMorph
> MCTool>>#multiListMorph:selection:listSelection:menu: We have
> PluggableListMorphOfMany
>
> And we could follow, but the critics was for
> MCRepository class>>#fillInTheBlankConfigure:
>
> I copy the code
>
> fillInTheBlankConfigure: aTemplateString
>    | chunk repo |
>
>    aTemplateString ifNil: [ ^ false ].
>    chunk := FillInTheBlankMorph
>            request: self fillInTheBlankRequest
>            initialAnswer: aTemplateString
>            centerAt: Sensor cursorPoint
>            inWorld: World
>            onCancelReturn: nil
>            acceptOnCR: false
>            answerExtent: 400@120.
>
>    chunk
>        ifNotNil: [
>            repo := self readFrom: chunk readStream.
>            repo creationTemplate: chunk.
>    ].
>
>    ^ repo

IMHO the right way would be to simply use the existing multiLineRequest:centerAt:initialAnswer:answerHeight: method.

Only if it turns out there is a need to specify the actual extent, and not just the height, a multiLineRequest:centerAt:initialAnswer:answerExtent: method could be added.

The more methods we add to ToolBuilder, the harder it is to implement a new graphics framework. So we should take some care with this.

- Bert -

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Edgar De Cleene

El 14/04/11 12:28, "Hannes Hirzel" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Edgar
>

> Do you mean what is shown in the screen shot?
>
> --Hannes
>

> On 4/14/11, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On 4/14/11 8:09 AM, "Bert Freudenberg" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> No, there are problems with your code. See my other message in the
>>> "Monticello-edc.456" thread.
>>>
>>> - Bert -
>>
>> Well, now i know this is wrong.
>> Like know what is right.
>>
>> Usinhg DependencyBrowser in fresh image
>>
>> MCTool>>#buttonRow: We have AlignmentMorph and PluggableButtonMorph
>> MCWorkingCopyBrowser>>#editLoadScripts We have MenuMorph
>> MCTool>>#multiListMorph:selection:listSelection:menu: We have
>> PluggableListMorphOfMany
>>
>> And we could follow, but the critics was for
>> MCRepository class>>#fillInTheBlankConfigure:
>>
>> I copy the code
>>
>> fillInTheBlankConfigure: aTemplateString
>>     | chunk repo |
>>
>>     aTemplateString ifNil: [ ^ false ].
>>     chunk := FillInTheBlankMorph
>>             request: self fillInTheBlankRequest
>>             initialAnswer: aTemplateString
>>             centerAt: Sensor cursorPoint
>>             inWorld: World
>>             onCancelReturn: nil
>>             acceptOnCR: false
>>             answerExtent: 400@120.
>>
>>     chunk
>>         ifNotNil: [
>>             repo := self readFrom: chunk readStream.
>>             repo creationTemplate: chunk.
>>     ].
>>
>>     ^ repo
>>

>> Is this best as my solution?
>> Was in place for four years .... stephaneducasse 2/4/2006 20:47
>>
>> Edgar

which shows DependencyBrowser working in SimpleMorphic and selecting Morphic
dependencies

I think i get all complains and could do buildWith: in all places following
as example code of Andreas in FileContentsBrowser>>#createViews

Edgar

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Hannes Hirzel
Edgar

that the Morphic package depends on Monticello.

The dependency created by the classes

ListItemWrapper
MenuMorph
PluggableListMorph
PluggableListMorph..
PluggableMultiColumn...
SimpleHierarchicalLis...
SystemWindow
TheWorldMenu

(I just used the screen shot and not all class names were fully visible)

So what does this mean for integrating SimpleMorphic?

--Hannes

On 4/14/11, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> El 14/04/11 12:28, "Hannes Hirzel" <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
>> Edgar
>>

>> Do you mean what is shown in the screen shot?
>>
>> --Hannes

>>> Well, now i know this is wrong.
>>> Like know what is right.
>>>
>>> Usinhg DependencyBrowser in fresh image
>>>
>>> MCTool>>#buttonRow: We have AlignmentMorph and PluggableButtonMorph
>>> MCWorkingCopyBrowser>>#editLoadScripts We have MenuMorph
>>> MCTool>>#multiListMorph:selection:listSelection:menu: We have
>>> PluggableListMorphOfMany
>>>
>>> And we could follow, but the critics was for
>>> MCRepository class>>#fillInTheBlankConfigure:
>>>
>>> I copy the code
>>>
>>> fillInTheBlankConfigure: aTemplateString
>>>     | chunk repo |
>>>
>>>     aTemplateString ifNil: [ ^ false ].
>>>     chunk := FillInTheBlankMorph
>>>             request: self fillInTheBlankRequest
>>>             initialAnswer: aTemplateString
>>>             centerAt: Sensor cursorPoint
>>>             inWorld: World
>>>             onCancelReturn: nil
>>>             acceptOnCR: false
>>>             answerExtent: 400@120.
>>>
>>>     chunk
>>>         ifNotNil: [
>>>             repo := self readFrom: chunk readStream.
>>>             repo creationTemplate: chunk.
>>>     ].
>>>
>>>     ^ repo
>>>

>>> Is this best as my solution?
>>> Was in place for four years .... stephaneducasse 2/4/2006 20:47
>>>
>>> Edgar

> which shows DependencyBrowser working in SimpleMorphic and selecting Morphic
> dependencies
>
> I think i get all complains and could do buildWith: in all places following
> as example code of Andreas in FileContentsBrowser>>#createViews
>
> Edgar

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Edgar De Cleene

On 4/17/11 1:36 PM, "Hannes Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Edgar

> says
>
> that the Morphic package depends on Monticello.
>
> The dependency created by the classes
>
> ListItemWrapper
> MenuMorph
> PluggableListMorph
> PluggableListMorph..
> PluggableMultiColumn...
> SimpleHierarchicalLis...
> SystemWindow
> TheWorldMenu
>
> (I just used the screen shot and not all class names were fully visible)
>
> So what does this mean for integrating SimpleMorphic?
>
> --Hannes

Means we should change all call references to Morph(s) in Monticello with
some best.

All references to FillInTheBlankMorph could easily be changed to UIManager
default.

But we do not have this for MenuMorph, etc.
One idea I send some days ago could be use ToolBuilder default and his
subclasses where we have a category widget classes with methods like
buttonClass, listByItemClass, menuClass, etc.
And still we must add some code for solve all ....

As example other mcz I send for review have

  ----- Method: MCTool>>textMorph: (in category 'morphic ui') -----
  textMorph: aSymbol
+     ^ UIManager default toolBuilder textPaneClass on: self text: aSymbol
accept: (aSymbol, ':') asSymbol!
* ^ PluggableTextMorph on: self text: aSymbol accept: (aSymbol, ':')
asSymbol!

So i wait in the bench waiting our coach say this is the way to go or not

Edgar

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Hannes Hirzel
Edgar

thank you for the added info and the proposal.

Before we go further into this, let me ask first.

In which way is it a problem that Morphic depends on Monticello?

--Hannes

On 4/18/11, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 4/17/11 1:36 PM, "Hannes Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Edgar

>> says
>>
>> that the Morphic package depends on Monticello.
>>
>> The dependency created by the classes
>>
>> ListItemWrapper
>> MenuMorph
>> PluggableListMorph
>> PluggableListMorph..
>> PluggableMultiColumn...
>> SimpleHierarchicalLis...
>> SystemWindow
>> TheWorldMenu
>>
>> (I just used the screen shot and not all class names were fully visible)
>>
>> So what does this mean for integrating SimpleMorphic?
>>
>> --Hannes
>
> Means we should change all call references to Morph(s) in Monticello with
> some best.
>
> All references to FillInTheBlankMorph could easily be changed to UIManager
> default.
>
> But we do not have this for MenuMorph, etc.
> One idea I send some days ago could be use ToolBuilder default and his
> subclasses where we have a category widget classes with methods like
> buttonClass, listByItemClass, menuClass, etc.
> And still we must add some code for solve all ....
>
> As example other mcz I send for review have
>

>   ----- Method: MCTool>>textMorph: (in category 'morphic ui') -----
>   textMorph: aSymbol
> +     ^ UIManager default toolBuilder textPaneClass on: self text: aSymbol
> accept: (aSymbol, ':') asSymbol!
> * ^ PluggableTextMorph on: self text: aSymbol accept: (aSymbol, ':')
> asSymbol!
>
> So i wait in the bench waiting our coach say this is the way to go or not
>
> Edgar

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Edgar De Cleene

On 4/18/11 8:02 AM, "Hannes Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Edgar
>
> thank you for the added info and the proposal.
>
> Before we go further into this, let me ask first.
>
> In which way is it a problem that Morphic depends on Monticello?

Monticello depends on Morphic as his code is today..
So, if in the future you wish get rid of Morphic and unload it and instead
use other UI like SimpleMorphic , you must change all references to Morphic
classes like MeNuMorph, AlignmentMorph, etc.

Edgar

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 4/18/11 8:02 AM, "Hannes Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Edgar
>>
>> thank you for the added info and the proposal.
>>
>> Before we go further into this, let me ask first.
>>
>> In which way is it a problem that Morphic depends on Monticello?
>
> Monticello depends on Morphic as his code is today..
> So, if in the future you wish get rid of Morphic and unload it and instead
> use other UI like SimpleMorphic , you must change all references to Morphic
> classes like MeNuMorph, AlignmentMorph, etc.

Bert mentioned that MC was fully toolbuilderized, so this problem was
solved. We should check that solution first IMHO.

Levente

> Edgar

Re: [Ann] Cuis 3.2 is released

Hannes Hirzel
I agree, where do we start checking?
--Hannes

On 4/18/11, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
>

>> On 4/18/11 8:02 AM, "Hannes Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Edgar
>>>
>>> thank you for the added info and the proposal.
>>>
>>> Before we go further into this, let me ask first.
>>>
>>> In which way is it a problem that Morphic depends on Monticello?
>>
>> Monticello depends on Morphic as his code is today..
>> So, if in the future you wish get rid of Morphic and unload it and instead
>> use other UI like SimpleMorphic , you must change all references to
>> Morphic
>> classes like MeNuMorph, AlignmentMorph, etc.
>
> Bert mentioned that MC was fully toolbuilderized, so this problem was
> solved. We should check that solution first IMHO.
>

> Levente
>

>> Edgar

12