[Ann] Exupery VM for Solaris10/x86

Patrick Mauritz
Hello people,

with some help from Bryce, I've built the VM with Exupery plugin on
Solaris 10/x86 and created a package.
You can get it from
http://ftp.squeak.org/Exupery/vms/exupery-vm-0.09-solaris.pkg and
install it with pkgadd.

The VM is based on unix-3.7-7 and contains everything except
AsynchFilePlugin (which won't work on Solaris), MiscPrimitivePlugin
(which won't build), and all the plugins not available on unix
platforms, of course.

It's also built without iconv support, as squeak depends on gnu iconv
behaviour ("MACINTOSH" table doesn't exist, "MAC" table, given as
alternative, won't cooperate with utf-8, so is useless, too).

Also note that the package is built on Solaris 10u2 (06/06), so it
might, or might not work on older releases.

The VM passed all but a few tests in Exupery's test suite, some of
which are known-broken.

You still have to get yourself an image and the smalltalk part of
Exupery to try it.

Have Fun,
Patrick Mauritz

[Ann] Exupery VM for Solaris10/x86

Bryce Kampjes
Patrick Mauritz writes:
 > Hello people,
 >
 > with some help from Bryce, I've built the VM with Exupery plugin on
 > Solaris 10/x86 and created a package.
 > You can get it from
 > http://ftp.squeak.org/Exupery/vms/exupery-vm-0.09-solaris.pkg and
 > install it with pkgadd.

This is cool, the first OS port of Exupery and it was done by someone
else!.

Thanks Patrick.

Re: [Ann] Exupery VM for Solaris10/x86

Andrew Tween

"Patrick Mauritz" <[hidden email]> wrote in message

> Hello people,
>
> with some help from Bryce, I've built the VM with Exupery plugin on
> Solaris 10/x86 and created a package.
> You can get it from
> http://ftp.squeak.org/Exupery/vms/exupery-vm-0.09-solaris.pkg and
> install it with pkgadd.
>
> The VM is based on unix-3.7-7 and contains everything except
> AsynchFilePlugin (which won't work on Solaris), MiscPrimitivePlugin
> (which won't build), and all the plugins not available on unix
> platforms, of course.

For the Win32 build, I replaced references to String with ByteString in
MiscPrimitivePlugin class>>translatedPrimitives. The MiscPrimitivePlugin then
built ok.

Cheers,
Andy