Another Monticello weird thing...

Edgar J. De Cleene
Folks:

I try to have the best Monticello in 3.10 .
For this , I locate the last of Impara at
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=4991
I wish keep the Ralph changes for the 3.10 release process.
Made a  Monticello-edc.316.mcz, test, all works.
Copy to 3.10 repository, quit image without save.
me the attached walkback and pict.

Edgar

SqueakDebug.log (5K) Download Attachment
Picture 1.png (79K) Download Attachment

Re: Another Monticello weird thing...

Bert Freudenberg
On May 2, 2007, at 9:08 , Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> Folks:
>
> I try to have the best Monticello in 3.10 .
> For this , I locate the last of Impara at
> http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=4991
> I wish keep the Ralph changes for the 3.10 release process.
> Made a  Monticello-edc.316.mcz, test, all works.
> Copy to 3.10 repository, quit image without save.
> do). gives
> me the attached walkback and pict.

I'm not sure what this bug is, but I don't think you should use the
impara version but rather the latest community version (probably
whatever is on squeakmap). This is both on general principles and on
technical ones, as the impara branch does some dependency handling a
bit differently.

- Bert -

Re: Another Monticello weird thing...

Philippe Marschall
2007/5/2, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>:

> On May 2, 2007, at 9:08 , Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
>
> > Folks:
> >
> > I try to have the best Monticello in 3.10 .
> > For this , I locate the last of Impara at
> > http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=4991
> > I wish keep the Ralph changes for the 3.10 release process.
> > Made a  Monticello-edc.316.mcz, test, all works.
> > Copy to 3.10 repository, quit image without save.
> > do). gives
> > me the attached walkback and pict.
>
> I'm not sure what this bug is, but I don't think you should use the
> impara version but rather the latest community version (probably
> whatever is on squeakmap). This is both on general principles and on
> technical ones, as the impara branch does some dependency handling a
> bit differently.

That's not the Impara version. That's the changes of the Impara
version merged into the version delivered with 3.9 (as the comment
says). This version has been in production use at netstyle.ch for
months.

The SqueakMap version doesn't work on 3.9 as well as the Impara version.

Cheers
Philippe

El 5/2/07 1:16 PM, "Bert Freudenberg" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> I'm not sure what this bug is, but I don't think you should use the
> impara version but rather the latest community version (probably
> whatever is on squeakmap). This is both on general principles and on
> technical ones, as the impara branch does some dependency handling a
> bit differently.
>
> - Bert -
I copy from Mantis:

>> Summary       0004991: [FIX] Monticello Changes from Impara
>> Description     This file contains the changes of the Monticello fork at
>> Impara.
>> Among other things it includes fixes for:
>> - FFI: loading of external strcutures
>> - class variable order: no longer significant, might vary from image to image
>> - User interface: class builder version of Monticello Browser has a tree,
>> more
>> and better feedback on progress
>> It does not contain all the password "enhancements". It stores the passwords
>> in the image. They get sent plaintext over the internet anyway. It containts
>> however the menu option to reset all Monticello passwords in the image.

This is IMHO what Steph are saying we should use, if not, no problem for me.
Seems better what we have in 3.10 now, except what loading from repository
gives the walkback

Edgar