Any Seasiders here?

timrowledge
Whilst scanning a few squeak swiki pages I notice that the Seaside page (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2272) seems woefully out of date, which would be best addressed by someone currently active in its community.
Retargeting to pages on the seaside site seems smartest - but please cleanup swiki pages the point to #2272 as well!

I further noticed that the seaside code is claimed to be hosted on squeaksource (according to seaside.st) and would point out that squeaksource is being shutdown pretty soon. If you haven't moved, you should. If you have moved, your seaside.st page ought to be updated.

tim
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disk?

Re: Any Seasiders here?

Tobias Pape
Am 18.07.2013 um 02:03 schrieb tim Rowledge <[hidden email]>:

> Whilst scanning a few squeak swiki pages I notice that the Seaside page (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2272) seems woefully out of date, which would be best addressed by someone currently active in its community.
> Retargeting to pages on the seaside site seems smartest - but please cleanup swiki pages the point to #2272 as well!

I am somewhat active, but my idea would be to scratch that page.
Any information there would only be redundant to that on seaside.st and
prone to errors: it would outdate right away.

> I further noticed that the seaside code is claimed to be hosted on squeaksource (according to seaside.st) and would point out that squeaksource is being shutdown pretty soon. If you haven't moved, you should. If you have moved, your seaside.st page ought to be updated.

There is currently active discussion on seaside-dev regarding that.

Best
        -Tobias

Re: Any Seasiders here?

Hannes Hirzel
Most important is the Seaside 3.0.8 all-in- one image set up by Topias
Pape available at ftp://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/seaside/.

I assume Seaside 3.0.8 is the most recent productive version, right, Tobias?

See this mailing list for some explanations on how it was done.

-- Hannes

On 7/18/13, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 18.07.2013 um 02:03 schrieb tim Rowledge <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Whilst scanning a few squeak swiki pages I notice that the Seaside page
>> (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2272) seems woefully out of date, which
>> would be best addressed by someone currently active in its community.
>> Retargeting to pages on the seaside site seems smartest - but please
>> cleanup swiki pages the point to #2272 as well!
>
> I am somewhat active, but my idea would be to scratch that page.
> Any information there would only be redundant to that on seaside.st and
> prone to errors: it would outdate right away.
>

>> I further noticed that the seaside code is claimed to be hosted on
>> squeaksource (according to seaside.st) and would point out that
>> squeaksource is being shutdown pretty soon. If you haven't moved, you
>> should. If you have moved, your seaside.st page ought to be updated.
>>

> There is currently active discussion on seaside-dev regarding that.
>
> Best
> -Tobias

Re: Any Seasiders here?

Tobias Pape
Am 19.07.2013 um 13:02 schrieb "H. Hirzel" <[hidden email]>:

> Most important is the Seaside 3.0.8 all-in- one image set up by Topias
> Pape available at ftp://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/seaside/.
>
> I assume Seaside 3.0.8 is the most recent productive version, right, Tobias?

yes.
However, there has not been much testing.