Anyone else want these in trunk? Anyone not want these in trunk?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Anyone else want these in trunk? Anyone not want these in trunk?

Eliot Miranda-2

SequenceableCollection methods for accessing
indicesOfSubCollection: aSubCollection
"Answer an Array (possibly empty) of all the indices of aSubCollection in the receiver."

^self indicesOfSubCollection: aSubCollection startingAt: 1

indicesOfSubCollection: aSubCollection startingAt: initialIndex
"Answer an Array (possibly empty) of all the indices of aSubCollection in the receiver starting at
initialIndex. N.B. This does not (yet) use Boyer-Moore to skip over unnecessary alignments."

^Array streamContents:
[:s| | index |
index := initialIndex - 1.
[(index := self indexOfSubCollection: aSubCollection startingAt: index + 1) = 0] whileFalse:
[s nextPut: index]]
_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Anyone else want these in trunk? Anyone not want these in trunk?

Chris Muller-3
Hi Eliot, 

I have no opinion about the inclusion of the methods, only about the variable name "aSubCollection".  Anytime I see a variable named with prefix "a" or "an", I consider what follows to be a class in the system.  In fact, the IDE does, too, which is why you can simply double-click on the argument and it'll open a browser on that class.  Since "SubCollection" is already part of the selector, "aCollection" seems like it should be a fine argument.  Otherwise, "subCollection" (as in the legacy method you're calling) or "aSequenceableCollection".

Best,
  Chris

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 1:57 PM Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

"Answer an Array (possibly empty) of all the indices of aSubCollection in the receiver."

"Answer an Array (possibly empty) of all the indices of aSubCollection in the receiver starting at
initialIndex. N.B. This does not (yet) use Boyer-Moore to skip over unnecessary alignments."

^Array streamContents:
[(index := self indexOfSubCollection: aSubCollection startingAt: index + 1) = 0] whileFalse:
_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Anyone else want these in trunk? Anyone not want these in trunk?

Ron Teitelbaum
'this is great' indicesOfSubCollection: 'is' #(3 6)

:)
Ron

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 4:59 PM Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Eliot, 

I have no opinion about the inclusion of the methods, only about the variable name "aSubCollection".  Anytime I see a variable named with prefix "a" or "an", I consider what follows to be a class in the system.  In fact, the IDE does, too, which is why you can simply double-click on the argument and it'll open a browser on that class.  Since "SubCollection" is already part of the selector, "aCollection" seems like it should be a fine argument.  Otherwise, "subCollection" (as in the legacy method you're calling) or "aSequenceableCollection".

Best,
  Chris

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 1:57 PM Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

^Array streamContents:
_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot