Applets in Squeak

Vijay Mathew-2
Hi,

I have a Squeak project which I would like to be embedded in web pages, like a Java applet. How can I do this?

Thanks,

-- Vijay

Re: Applets in Squeak

Franziska Krueger
Hi,

use  http://www.squeakland.org/launcher/?plus_the_link_to_your_project
like http://www.squeakland.org/launcher/?http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~krueger/InclinedPlane.pr

Note, you'll need the plugin for your browser.

Hope that helps!
 franzi

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Vijay Mathew
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Squeak project which I would like to be embedded in web pages, like
> a Java applet. How can I do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Vijay

Re: Applets in Squeak

Bert Freudenberg

Am 16.10.2008 um 14:55 schrieb Vijay Mathew:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Squeak project which I would like to be embedded in web
> pages, like a Java applet. How can I do this?

Upload it to a web server, then use this link to embed it:

http://squeakland.org/launcher/?http://my.site.org/path/to/my/project.pr

that is, add your project's URL after

http://squeakland.org/launcher/?

- Bert -

Re: Applets in Squeak

K. K. Subramaniam
On Thursday 16 Oct 2008 7:01:14 pm Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> Am 16.10.2008 um 14:55 schrieb Vijay Mathew:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a Squeak project which I would like to be embedded in web
> > pages, like a Java applet. How can I do this?
>
> Upload it to a web server, then use this link to embed it:
>
> http://squeakland.org/launcher/?http://my.site.org/path/to/my/project.pr
What is the recommendation for those on LANs which are remote from
squeakland.org? The roundtrip latency can degrade the experience.

Is there a command line for the launcher (assuming the plugin is already
installed)?

Subbu

Re: Applets in Squeak

Vijay Mathew-2
To add to this:

Can I access all Squeak facilities from a Squeaklet? For instance, can I record sound using an instance of the SoundRecorder object?

Thanks,

-- Vijay

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:36 PM, K. K. Subramaniam <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thursday 16 Oct 2008 7:01:14 pm Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> Am 16.10.2008 um 14:55 schrieb Vijay Mathew:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a Squeak project which I would like to be embedded in web
> > pages, like a Java applet. How can I do this?
>
> Upload it to a web server, then use this link to embed it:
>
> http://squeakland.org/launcher/?http://my.site.org/path/to/my/project.pr
What is the recommendation for those on LANs which are remote from
squeakland.org? The roundtrip latency can degrade the experience.

Is there a command line for the launcher (assuming the plugin is already
installed)?

Subbu

Re: Applets in Squeak

Bert Freudenberg
Yes you can. The only limitation (if you use the default Squeakland Etoys image) is restricted access to the file system.

- Bert -

Am 17.10.2008 um 07:38 schrieb "Vijay Mathew" <[hidden email]>:

To add to this:

Can I access all Squeak facilities from a Squeaklet? For instance, can I record sound using an instance of the SoundRecorder object?

Thanks,

-- Vijay

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:36 PM, K. K. Subramaniam <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thursday 16 Oct 2008 7:01:14 pm Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> Am 16.10.2008 um 14:55 schrieb Vijay Mathew:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a Squeak project which I would like to be embedded in web
> > pages, like a Java applet. How can I do this?
>
> Upload it to a web server, then use this link to embed it:
>
> http://squeakland.org/launcher/?http://my.site.org/path/to/my/project.pr
What is the recommendation for those on LANs which are remote from
squeakland.org? The roundtrip latency can degrade the experience.

Is there a command line for the launcher (assuming the plugin is already
installed)?

Subbu

Re: Applets in Squeak

futuhat

hiya all!

i've created a link to my project. the thing is: it opens but looks as if
it's been scrunched up and black margins, above and below, appear. i've
noticed that the "display mode" menu enables "scale to fit" option and i
think that's the reason why the margins appear. is there any way to enable
"no scaling" instead "scale to fit" everytime the browser opens a project?

ta very much!

Re: Applets in Squeak

Bert Freudenberg
Am 18.10.2008 um 01:05 schrieb futuhat:

> hiya all!
>
> i've created a link to my project. the thing is: it opens but looks
> as if
> it's been scrunched up and black margins, above and below, appear.
> i've
> noticed that the "display mode" menu enables "scale to fit" option
> and i
> think that's the reason why the margins appear. is there any way to
> enable
> "no scaling" instead "scale to fit" everytime the browser opens a
> project?

Save your project at a smaller resolution.

- Bert -

Re: Applets in Squeak

futuhat
Bert Freudenberg wrote
Save your project at a smaller resolution.
thanks, bert!...

...but, as a newbie in squeak, i have to ask: could you tell me how to save a project at a smaller resolution, please? [i'm using etoys and i can't find out the way to do that].

thanks very much!

Re: Applets in Squeak

Bert Freudenberg

Am 23.10.2008 um 20:28 schrieb futuhat:

> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> Save your project at a smaller resolution.
>
> thanks, bert!...
>
> ...but, as a newbie in squeak, i have to ask: could you tell me how
> to save
> a project at a smaller resolution, please? [i'm using etoys and i
> can't find
> out the way to do that].

Make your window smaller - about the same size that it will appear in
the web browser. The save the project.

- Bert -