Arabic eToy version?

Marcus Denker
Hello,

Is there a arabic version of eToy available? Or any project working
on a translation?

    Marcus

Re: Arabic eToy version?

Yoshiki Ohshima
  Marcus,

> Is there a arabic version of eToy available? Or any project working
> on a translation?

  No, not that I know of.  Arabic requires some glyph shaping, but
Squeak so far doesn't support that.

  In the light of $100 Laptop, we will need such mechanism in one way
or another.  Hooking up external libraries would be a choice.

-- Yoshiki

Re: Arabic eToy version?

Brad Fuller
Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>   Brad,
>

>>>   In the light of $100 Laptop, we will need such mechanism in one way
>>> or another.  Hooking up external libraries would be a choice.
>>>

>> Has there been an announcement that I missed regarding Squeak on the
>> OLPC laptop?
>>

>   As far as I know, there hasn't been any official announcement.
> There are good will for that idea to put Squeak-like environment on
> it.  (see the latest community news at
> http://laptop.media.mit.edu/laptopnews.nsf/latest/news?opendocument=
> )

I have read that and was wondering where I could see the interactive
music apps mentioned: "Walk Among the "Music” and “Sound Match". Do you
know? Maybe someone that I could contact?

thanks,
--
brad
sonaural

Re: Arabic eToy version?

Kim Rose
Hi, Brad -

Barry Vercoe is the contact for this work.
http://web.media.mit.edu/~bv/
He's at MIT -- [hidden email]

He was in the $100 laptop booth at NECC giving demos of this work.
  -- Kim