Autocompletion in default Sqeuak image

Torsten Bergmann
Hi there,

thanks to Levent tab completion returned to Squeak (see [1])
and I still wonder how the community feels about having
this by default installed into the standard Squeak image.

Pharo has it too (not in the stripped down PharoCore image but
the release image with all dev tools)

Any comments?

Thx
Torsten

[1] http://news.squeak.org/2010/10/07/tab-completion-returns-to-squeak/
--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 €/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit

Re: Autocompletion in default Sqeuak image

Casey Ransberger-2
+1. I'd have it in our "development" image in a heartbeat. Not in a core/unloaded image, though.

On Oct 8, 2010, at 12:24 AM, "Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> thanks to Levent tab completion returned to Squeak (see [1])
> and I still wonder how the community feels about having
> this by default installed into the standard Squeak image.
>
> Pharo has it too (not in the stripped down PharoCore image but
> the release image with all dev tools)
>
> Any comments?
>
> Thx
> Torsten
>
> [1] http://news.squeak.org/2010/10/07/tab-completion-returns-to-squeak/
> --
> GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 &euro;/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit
> gratis Notebook-Flat! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: Autocompletion in default Sqeuak image

Hannes Hirzel
The question is - are we going for a core image with trunk or for a
developer image?

Depending on that answer it is no or yes.....

If I remember well at the last board meeting it was decided to go for
a core image.

In that case we would need just a script how to load it in the help
system or in the 'How to extend the system' workspace.

Or put it another way - we really need the Hudson build server soon
which produces a  core image (Nightly build) and a developer
image...... Alexander L.?

--Hannes