Awfull mistake by me:-(

karl-8
In what I thought would be a good effort for the community I managed to
mess up
www.squeak.org
And the last backup of the image was done a long time ago :-(
I'm truly sorry about this. All is not lost I hope but I'm not sure how
to proceed with recovering the data I
thrashed.
I'll pack up my webteam leader effort once the mess is cleaned up, I'm
not worthy...

Karl

Re: Awfull mistake by me:-(

Göran Krampe
Hi Karl!

karl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> In what I thought would be a good effort for the community I managed to
> mess up
> www.squeak.org
> And the last backup of the image was done a long time ago :-(

Are you sure? Have you checked with Cees? I presume there is a nightly
backup scheme rolling.

> I'm truly sorry about this. All is not lost I hope but I'm not sure how
> to proceed with recovering the data I
> thrashed.

Check with Cees.

> I'll pack up my webteam leader effort once the mess is cleaned up, I'm
> not worthy...

Hehe, nah, everyone can shoot himself in the foot. That's what backups
are for. :)

> Karl

regards, Göran

Re: Awfull mistake by me:-(

Cees De Groot
> > I'll pack up my webteam leader effort once the mess is cleaned up, I'm
> > not worthy...
>
> Hehe, nah, everyone can shoot himself in the foot. That's what backups
> are for. :)

If I had packed up every time I seriously messed up something, I'd now
be sleeping under a bridge, probably ;)

squeak-dev: I'll work with Karl tonight to check the backups,
etcetera, so until that time please don't complain that squeak.org
looks funny.

Re: Awfull mistake by me:-(

stéphane ducasse-2

On 30 janv. 06, at 10:22, Cees De Groot wrote:

>>> I'll pack up my webteam leader effort once the mess is cleaned
>>> up, I'm
>>> not worthy...
>>
>> Hehe, nah, everyone can shoot himself in the foot. That's what
>> backups
>> are for. :)
>>
> If I had packed up every time I seriously messed up something, I'd now
> be sleeping under a bridge, probably ;)

Me too :)

Re: Awfull mistake by me:-(

Blake-5
On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 01:51:20 -0800, stéphane ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Hehe, nah, everyone can shoot himself in the foot. That's what backups
>>> are for. :)
>>>
>> If I had packed up every time I seriously messed up something, I'd now
>> be sleeping under a bridge, probably ;)
>
> Me too :)

Hey, you guys are keeping me awake. Sometimes I wish this bridge didn't
have a wi-fi connection.

Re: Awfull mistake by me:-(

Jason Rogers-4
There are backups in ~/images/backups.  They are timestamped tar.gz
files.  Will not one of those work?

--
Jason Rogers

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..."
    Proverbs 29:18

Re: Awfull mistake by me:-(

karl-8
Jason Rogers skrev:
> There are backups in ~/images/backups.  They are timestamped tar.gz
> files.  Will not one of those work?

I tried that but it's backup of last snapshot and that dates back to
September :-(
We should have pressed that snapshot option more often.
Karl

PS: Thanks for all nice supportive words from you guys :-)
The do help :-)

> On 1/30/06, Blake <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 01:51:20 -0800, stéphane ducasse
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Me too :)
>>>
>> Hey, you guys are keeping me awake. Sometimes I wish this bridge didn't
>> have a wi-fi connection.
>>

> --
> Jason Rogers
>
> "Where there is no vision, the people perish..."
>     Proverbs 29:18

Re: Awfull mistake by me:-(

Jason Rogers-4
On 1/30/06, karl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Jason Rogers skrev:
> > There are backups in ~/images/backups.  They are timestamped tar.gz
> > files.  Will not one of those work?
> >
> I tried that but it's backup of last snapshot and that dates back to
> September :-(
> We should have pressed that snapshot option more often.
> Karl

hmm... Well, I restored the last image from 01-29-2006.  I see that
the image was not snapshot-ed.  So, do you want me to restore one of
the 01-30 images?

Remember, to err is human.

--
Jason Rogers

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..."
    Proverbs 29:18

Re: [Webteam] Re: Awfull mistake by me:-(

karl-8
Jason Rogers skrev:

> On 1/30/06, karl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Jason Rogers skrev:
>>
>>> There are backups in ~/images/backups.  They are timestamped tar.gz
>>> files.  Will not one of those work?
>>>

>> I tried that but it's backup of last snapshot and that dates back to
>> September :-(
>> We should have pressed that snapshot option more often.
>> Karl
>>

> hmm... Well, I restored the last image from 01-29-2006.  I see that
> the image was not snapshot-ed.  So, do you want me to restore one of
> the 01-30 images?

You can try.

> Remember, to err is human.

True.