B3DVector3

Enno Schwass
Hallo

Last night I was looking at some source code and found a reference to
B3DVector3.
I guess earlier this was part of Croquet, but now its not anymore. Is
there an equivalent
class now that I can use?

Thanks
Enno

Re: B3DVector3

Joshua Gargus-2
Use Vector3 instead.  Where did you find this reference?

Thanks,
Josh

(by the way, you might want to post development questions to the
croquet-dev list instead)

On Jun 14, 2007, at 5:40 PM, Enno Schwass wrote:

> Hallo
>
> Last night I was looking at some source code and found a reference
> to B3DVector3.
> I guess earlier this was part of Croquet, but now its not anymore.
> Is there an equivalent
> class now that I can use?
>
> Thanks
> Enno

Re: B3DVector3

Bert Freudenberg
On Jun 15, 2007, at 2:54 , Joshua Gargus wrote:

> (by the way, you might want to post development questions to the
> croquet-dev list instead)

Croquet-dev is about advancing the SDK, croquet-user about using it.
Using an SDK means developing of course, so this is indeed the right
list to ask development questions.

There is no "end-user" Croquet list because Croquet is not an "end-
user" product.

- Bert -

Re: B3DVector3

Joshua Gargus-2
What Bert says makes sense, but from the Consortium wiki:

Croquet-Developer is for technical discussion and problem solving among programmers working with Croquet.
Croquet-User is for non-technical discussion around Croquet and its application in education, industry, and entertainment.

It might make sense to change these to reflect Bert's understanding.  Or not, I don't care too much.

Josh

On Jun 15, 2007, at 12:29 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

On Jun 15, 2007, at 2:54 , Joshua Gargus wrote:

(by the way, you might want to post development questions to the croquet-dev list instead)

Croquet-dev is about advancing the SDK, croquet-user about using it. Using an SDK means developing of course, so this is indeed the right list to ask development questions.

There is no "end-user" Croquet list because Croquet is not an "end-user" product.

- Bert -

Re: B3DVector3

Enno Schwass
Hi

> Use Vector3 instead.  Where did you find this reference?

It was in OBJCroquetBuilder. (Wavefront importer)

Yesterday I spent much time on this class. At the end I knew that
nextLine is reading the whole file because of different cr-lf-crlf
assumptions
For me as a newbie this was hard to locate. :)

Thanks
Enno

Re: B3DVector3

Bert Freudenberg
Well, the Consortium surely knows more than me. And indeed the SDK
developers do not seem to communicate on croquet-dev in an open
manner. So it looks like the meanings have/were shifted.

If I were me I'd suggest to stick to the original list designations,
and add a croquet-open list for non-technical discussion. Wait, I
_am_ me. So there.

- Bert -