[BUG] Editor history working unreliably

Christoph Thiede

Steps to reproduce:

Open a workspace.

Type: foo

Press: Home key

Press: <cmd>z

Expected behavior:

The text in the workspace will abandon, and the textmorph will not have unaccepted changes.

Actual behavior:

The text in the workspace remains, but the textmorph does not indicate unaccepted changes. You cannot press <cmd>z again to revert the empty state of the textmorph.

Not yet further investigated ...

Best,

Christoph

Carpe Squeak!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [BUG] Editor history working unreliably

Chris Muller-3
Something with the [Home] key and the Undo log, apparently.

The other regression we suffered from 5.2 is the inability to "snapshot" the contents of the workspace with Cmd+s.  In 5.2, you could do that and the revert to it with Cmd+l (lowercase L).
That no longer works either.

- Chris

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020 at 2:14 PM Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:

Steps to reproduce:

Open a workspace.

Type: foo

Press: Home key

Press: <cmd>z

Expected behavior:

The text in the workspace will abandon, and the textmorph will not have unaccepted changes.

Actual behavior:

The text in the workspace remains, but the textmorph does not indicate unaccepted changes. You cannot press <cmd>z again to revert the empty state of the textmorph.

Not yet further investigated ...

Best,

Christoph

Reply | Threaded
|

Jakob Reschke
Am Mi., 29. Jan. 2020 um 04:02 Uhr schrieb Chris Muller <[hidden email]>:
The other regression we suffered from 5.2 is the inability to "snapshot" the contents of the workspace with Cmd+s.  In 5.2, you could do that and the revert to it with Cmd+l (lowercase L).

Strange, I use this frequently and it has always worked for me. Is it currently broken for you or has it just been at some point?

Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Muller-4
I guess it's only Inspectors and explorer text panes which have the problem, not workspaces...

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 3:46 PM Jakob Reschke <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am Mi., 29. Jan. 2020 um 04:02 Uhr schrieb Chris Muller <[hidden email]>:

Strange, I use this frequently and it has always worked for me. Is it currently broken for you or has it just been at some point?