Beginners question ... about suitable XML package ...

Beginners question ... about suitable XML package ...

GLASS mailing list

... I detected that I have to have XML reading support ... I'm still pretty unsure, what is available around all those repository out there for Gemstone. It seems, that I only need XML reading support.

Can me give anyone a hint and HOW to load it into my image with a GsDeployer statement or stuff like this.

Re: Beginners question ... about suitable XML package ...

BrunoBB
Hi,

I think with the following you are done:
Metacello new
     configuration: 'XMLParser';
     version: #stable;
     repository: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/PharoExtras/XMLParser/main';
     load.

Metacello new
     configuration: 'XPath';
     version: #stable;
     repository: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/PharoExtras/XPath/main';
     load.

Try to evaluate both expressions and you should get both XML packages installed...

Regards,
Bruno

Re: Beginners question ... about suitable XML package ...

GLASS mailing list
...and wrap with a GsDeployer>>deploy: block for autocommit and out of
memory protection ...

Dale

On 02/19/2016 12:23 PM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think with the following you are done:
> Metacello new
>       configuration: 'XMLParser';
>       version: #stable;
>       repository:
> 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/PharoExtras/XMLParser/main';
>       load.
>
> Metacello new
>       configuration: 'XPath';
>       version: #stable;
>       repository: 'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/PharoExtras/XPath/main';
>       load.
>
> Try to evaluate both expressions and you should get both XML packages
> installed...
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Re: Beginners question ... about suitable XML package ...

GLASS mailing list

XPath solved the problems ... thank you very much ...

Marten

BrunoBB via Glass <[hidden email]> hat am 19. Februar 2016 um 21:23 geschrieben: