[Benchmark] Richards, Stanford y Copier

1 message Options

[Benchmark] Richards, Stanford y Copier

Lautaro Fernández

Hi everybody, I have been in this group for a long time, and now I need your help.

I'm working with different alternatives on Smalltalk, particularly on Squeak and Visualworks.

My job is to execute different benchmarks to compare which runs better (more quickly). I'm doing this job because we are going to use one to program software for PDA.

Luckyly, I could execute some benchmarks except for Richards, Stanford and Copier.

*1*
The problem with Richards benchmark is that the implementation that I found was made for VisualWorks. I tried to change it, but I couldn't. I'd like to know if someone has an implementation for Squeak.

in the attachment is the *st with Richards Benchmark

*2*
With Stanford I have a different problem. I was looking for information in Internet about this benchmark and I read that is to measure the performance of integers and floats, but I couldn't found the implementation of this benchmark. Anybody knows something about this benchmark?

*3*
I've found an implementation of Copier benchmark but I couldn't execute it on Squeak. Anybody has an implementation of Copier for Squeak?.

In t his site: <a href="http://pws.prserv.net/dlissett/ben/copier1-smalltalk-109.htm" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"> http://pws.prserv.net/dlissett/ben/copier1-smalltalk-109.htm there are an implementation for Visualworks

*4*
The last thig I've to ask is for if there some benchmark that you think that is important to be implemented in Squeak or VisualWorks, that allows to compare both languages.

Sorry for my english, I'm argentinian

Thank you for your time
Lautaro Fernández

RichardsBenchmark.st (6K) Download Attachment